via Games Industry

Speaking at an interactive entertainment conference, Oberon Media chairman Tal Kerret said that he doesn't think the PlayStation 3 is ready for their casual games.

Oberon Media recently acquired iPlay and PixelPlay, expanding its casual games reach to include mobile, interactive TV, PC and Console Software.

The company has had some success with casual games on the Xbox 360 through Xbox Live Arcade, but has yet to deliver content for the Wii or the PlayStation 3.

"Xbox was a great opportunity that they opened up to get content that can be downloaded, that can be controlled in a more open way for the consumers and for the developers," Kerret said.

"I didn't see a phenomenal success on Wii for allowing people to download games."

With the PS3, Kerret thinks that they are still trying to figure it out.

"We focus on where can we get the fastest reach to consumers, the fastest way to provide them with the content, and the easiest way where we can provide some service to the developers.

"If we can't bring value to the developers, then for us it is just yet another outlet that we take our content and port it to," he explained.

"If it is a porting question, then I would ask my self many other questions. What comes first? We are dealing with so many things, as you've seen."

Even so, Oberon's chairman did say that the company definitely planned to look at gaming consoles other than the Xbox 360.

"So we'll take some of these games, yes, to the Wii, the PS3...the PS3 is not yet ready for it, but when they are ready.

"DS is more appropriate for some of these titles. Hopefully, we'll create some success stories there."