Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daedalus R14 Update: Media Engine Progress -- N64 Emulator

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by daibo View Post
    Only that it's sampling rate and not sound frequency, two totally different things.
    Whatever, don't be so damn pedantic. Yes, I made a mistake. Does it change that it is different from CPU speed? No.

Cloudy

Default lol

Right now with sound Daedalus runs a lot slower than without sound. I can't wait for this release it's going to be a big one! :thumbup:

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbadunit2 View Post
    Right now with sound Daedalus runs a lot slower than without sound. I can't wait for this release it's going to be a big one! :thumbup:
    Yes. Any speedup is going to be really helpful at this point. And if a Slim & Lite version is ever released to use the extra RAM that will be another minor but useful speedup.

I'm very happy to learn about this update.

DCEmu Newbie

The extra ram can't be used for speed, it would probably be used for loading memory or something. I believe Strmnnrmn said that there was really no point in utilizing the extra ram of the slim.

Default 1.0 eboot

I heard somewhere that Daedalus is supported on the slim w/ use of the 1.0 Eboot...don't know if it's true but ... it's what I heard.

yeah it's just going to get harder for him to find a speed up every release now...so as you said anything helps

StrmnNrmn has updated his blog, just a last call for icons but good to hear from him. Strongbadunit2 yeah you can play Daedalus with the 1.0 eboot that's what Slim's take, it's no secret.

Sounds like a long wait, to a sweet emu.

i never really minded having no sound on my LEGAL ROMS. i mean, i only play them like, in the middle of class...so its no big deal. honestly, sound can wait. optimize performance!!! i think thats alot more important. think about it...

would you rather play your ROMS slower on your PSP then on your N64 with great sound, or at the same speed as your N64 with no sound?

Quote Originally Posted by sPod View Post
    i never really minded having no sound on my LEGAL ROMS. i mean, i only play them like, in the middle of class...so its no big deal. honestly, sound can wait. optimize performance!!! i think thats alot more important. think about it...

would you rather play your ROMS slower on your PSP then on your N64 with great sound, or at the same speed as your N64 with no sound?
    Definitely slower than N64 with great sound. I'm a musician and sfx and, especially, music are the thing I care the most in games. It can have god-ugly graphics and stagger like a crippled snail, but if it has good music, I'm a sucker for it.

cya
    Razier-chan

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sPod View Post
    ..would you rather play your ROMS slower on your PSP then on your N64 with great sound, or at the same speed as your N64 with no sound?
    If this gets done, then both framerate will be improved, and sound won't have an impact on the speed of the game. He'll be effectively using both processors on the PSP, reducing the workload significantly.

Cloudy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information