Thread: JXD Preorders Being Taken at GP2X Store

Blog Entries

General games JXD Preorders Being Taken at GP2X Store

The JXD301 a new console with several Homebrew developers already working on it is now available for preorder at a decent store rather than the like of dodgy ebay traders.

For those who need a reminder heres the specs:

Heres a quick detail of the console:

The JXD 301 has a LTPS TFT (Low Temperature Polysilicon Thin Film Transistor) screen, which allows for better screen performance than most other players. It can also play a large number of audio and video file types, most importantly RM/RMVB, which is growing in use due to is high compression/hi quality ratio, it also allows for FLV playback allowing users to download off sites like You Tube and watch the videos directly on this player. One of the nicest features is its ability to play NES, SNES, SMD, GBC, GBA and Neo Geo games.

Preorder this new Homebrew Console (with emulators already working) at GP2XStore , price $119

This actually looks pretty cool. I wonder if it can play AVI's, if it has AV output, what kind of processor it has, and what are the prospects for getting an N64 or PS1 emulator running on this. If those three things could come true then this would be amazing. Also, what kind of memory does it take. At $120 this would be a steal. If I didn't have a PSP I would jump on this. Also, what buttons does it have? That isn't a joystick that I see on the bottom left is it? Does it have L's and R's? How many?

Edit: Here's the additional info that I'm sure you guys will find useful. It does play AVI's, it has a 500MHz processor, and I didn't see anything about AV output so I doubt it unless a Remotejoy type of thing is done with it. And dang this thing is small, I may have to get this despite my owning of a PSP. It's quite nice. If this gets some good support then it will be amazing.

Dimensions: 115x60x12.5mm

Weight: 150g

ADI Blackfin 500mhz processor

2GB Built in memory

3 inch LTPS-TFT display

16 mega color high density display screen

Supports RM/RMVB/AVI/DAT/FLV/MPG/MPEG video format

Support MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC audio format

Uses a seperate audio coding chipset

Plays NES, MD, SFC, GB, GBC, GBA, NEO GEO

Built in E-book reader with pronounciation

USB 2.0 high speed

Features 10 types of surround stereo EQ modes

Support JPG/BMP/GIF/GIF cartoon picture browse;

Built in microphone, Sampling Rate: 8kHz-320kHz

Uses SD cards

Well psp is junk the ds lite is selling very higher than psp, N64 on psp is awful hardly the games don't work it's slow and unplayable just about 5 games run on it properly N64 emu sucks on psp i hated the psp after this so i just bought ds lite to play equilvent to n64 games now we have Jxd this system looks interesting i'm not looking to buy another system the iphone can do homebrew to it has much faster procesor than Jxd the 600mhz processor in jxd is nothing to compare the processor in iphone it's turbo charged.

DCEmu Rookie

LOL at the post above me.

DCEmu Newbie

... aaaand breathe!

Thread Information