Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires

DCEmu Regular

psp PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires

TTYman has released a new version of the excellent MAME Arcade emulator for the PSP

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
    There are four different builds in archive:
    1) 1.50 Kernel mode (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2);
    2) 1.50 Kernel mode without neogeo and cps1 support (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-noneogeo-nocps1);
    3) 2.00 User mode (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-usermode);
    4) 2.00 User mode without neogeo and cps1 support (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-usermode-noneogeo-nocps1);
    Use psp_mame4all_v4.9r2 as installation base, then replace EBOOT.PBP with your needed/preferred build;
    - Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
    - Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;
    Samples must be in .sam old Mame pre-v0.35 format, downloadable from http://www.mameworld.net/samples/sam.htm
    or from

Specific Features:

- Based on latest MAME GP2X release v4.9;
    - 480×272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 orizz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
    - Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
    - Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480×272);
    - Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
    - Vsync on/off;
    - Save configuration support, default and per game;
    - 22KHz with 16 voices predefined sounds, 33KHz and 44KHz frequencies with 4, 8 and 16 voices combinations added;
    - Preliminary analog support;
    - Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
    - Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
    - Stripped & Packed executable, only 1.5MB;
    - Original graphics theme from Gold edition (user mode version only);
    - Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD, .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
    - Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
    - Graphic theme 480×272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins (user mode version only);
    - Dipswitches settings;

Specific Controls:

- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
    - Button START: Play.
    - Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
    - Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
    - Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
    - Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.

Fixed from 4.9r1

- Usermode builds now works.
    - Dipswitches settings added.
    - Some Z80 core speedups.
    - Vector based games like Asteroids now run at native resolution of 480×272 pixels.
    - Preliminary memory management to clean-up things in certain romset (due to original MAME bugs) before starting a new emulation.
    - In case of memory fragmentation errors emulator now quits without lockups.
    - Better sound support in certain games, like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles etc.
    - Graphics themes disabled in 1.50 kernel mode to gain more memory available, used a simple blue gradient instead.
    - Graphics mode saved with settings.

TTYman

Download and Give Feedback and Compat Reports Via Comments

Amazing.. This will be one hell of an emulator someday! The only problem I've been having is that aside from some menu bugs.. this emulator has a tendency to quit back to the xmb menu. I'm glad someone has finally picked up mame emulation on the PSP. :thumbup:

P.S.- change the default speed to 333Mhz and TMNT is playable with sound!

Nice this will give me something to do this weekend other than playing Call Of Duty 4 online and Mario Galaxy.

I'll be testing this baby out after work. ...before I get on it though can anbody confirm (on a phat psp) if:

Rodland now works with sound?
    Pacland has sound?
    Rolling Thunder now lets you insert credits to go in game?
    How is the speed of shinobi and eswat?
    Tumblepop has sound in-game?
    If TMNT works with sound on a phat psp?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    I'll be testing this baby out after work. ...before I get on it though can anbody confirm (on a phat psp) if:

If TMNT works with sound on a phat psp?
    Well it's gettin late where I'm at and I have to get up early in the morning so I can confirm one thing..

TMNT works with sound and at 333Mhz is actualy playable! :thumbup: ( This is on a Phat PSP )

I'll try to answer some of your other questions later.. Good Night..

DCEmu Newbie

HEY Zombo COULD YOU PLEASE ASK TTYman TO MAKE THE START BUTTON BOTH START GAME AND PAUSE! BECAUSE I HAVE AN MAME ARCADE CABINET AND I SET THE START BUTTON TO BE THE PAUSE BUTTON TOO. or allow us to assign the buttons. because holding the two shoulder buttons and having the screen go black with a message is VERY annoying.

"go team venture!"

DCEmu Regular

Baboon I can confirm that Rolling Thunder finally lets you insert credits (As long as insert them during the startup and not during the title menu)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    Baboon I can confirm that Rolling Thunder finally lets you insert credits (As long as insert them during the startup and not during the title menu)
    Ideal thanks for the reply. :thumbup:

I really hope Rodland works with sound this time round?

TTYman is on a roll currently with this emulator - churning out releases once a month.

I love this emulator, seriously, but to make it work, with his proper ROMs is a pain in the ass. :-\

DCEmu Newbie

Why bitch about the roms?? This has been a prob for 10 years now. It's just part of how it works when MAME is updated. It would be nice to have a link to current roms and sample with each build though. I really like thelink to the samples from this release.

Thanks TTYman you are Da Man,,, unless you are a woman

Just installed it, been waiting for the DIP switch settings..

But alas I have lost my menu background. Anyone know why this has happened?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information