Thread: MegaPad v1.3.3

Blog Entries

ps2 MegaPad v1.3.3

News/release from Nherve:

I've here a new pad plugin I wrote. It's MegaPad and it uses SDL. No worry, the latest actual version of the SDL (1.2.12) is provided.
    This plugin offers, as LilyPad, a complete pad support, many possibilities, but is much simpler than LilyPad.

First place SDL.dll in the root PCSX2 folder (not the plugins folder), else the plugin won't start.

1. Mapping and config

After having selected MegaPad in the Pad plugins list and launched its GUI by clicking the
    Config button, you must configure it. You can select the Pad 1 or the Pad 2 with the
    buttons in the top-left corner of the window. For mapping press any of the 20 buttons.
    The pressed button will become grayed. Then you can do various things :

a. Keyboard

For the buttons press a key and the selected button will be bound to the pressed key. Pressing
    Escape or Backspace allows you to delete a value. For the axes press any key with old versions, or click right button whth new versions, and the selected
    axis will be bound to the mouse. Note that if the axes of the 2 players are bound to the mouse,
    they will move simultaneously.

b. Joystick

For the buttons press a button, a POV hat in the wanted direction or move an axis in the wanted
    direction and it will be bound to the selected button. Note that if you bind an axis to a
    pressure-sensitive button*, the pressure will match the value of the axis. Try this feature in
    games which need pressure sensitive buttons. For the axes move an axis and it will be bound to
    the selected axis. Warning : the GUI has a little difficulty to detect the moves of the vertical
    (y) axes, but there is no problem in the games.

c. Misc

There are 4 general options under the mapping buttons.
    1. Axis sensitivity : can be 3 values (affect the GUI as the games). This is the sensitivity of the
    plugin to axis moves.
    -Very sensible : for precision games or low-sensibility axes.
    -Normal : default, I recommend you to use it.
    -Low sensibility : use it if your axes are very sensible.
    2. Enable logging : This enables a pad log stored in logs\megapad_log.txt, which can be used only for
    debugging purposes. As mentionned, this logging makes the emu slower.
    3. Always show cursor : Use it with ZeroGS if you use the mouse, to see where is the cursor.
    4. Low-visibility cross cursor : The arrow cursor is replaced by a low-visibility cross cursor.
    Use it if you don't want to see the arrow cursor.

Then click OK.

2. Emu

I think I don't need to detail how to use the keyboard or the joysticks, but I will tell you how does
    the mouse support work.
    Press the left button for left axis, the right button for right axis. When you release a button, the
    corresponding axis will be "centered". When you press a button the cursor is automatically centered.
    Move it as an analog axis. When a button is pressed the cursor cannot get out the GS window. The
    mouse support has been seriously improved in the new version, axis positions are calculated from
    the size of the GS window, so it works better than PadWinKeyb mouse support.

If you encounter any bug using this plugin tell it to me.

Version 1.3.3

The bug on first launch was because PCSX2 does not call PADinit on first launch ("pcsx2 needs to be configured" message), and SDL init is in PADinit. So if PADinit hasn't been called by PCSX2 it is called by the GUI. So the bug that version 1.3.2 was supposed to fix is really fixed here.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Thakz

DCEmu Newbie

Thankz !!!

DCEmu Newbie

Why does it keep crashing PCSX2 0.9.6 ?

Thread Information