Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP

Now all we need is a 32x emulator to go with it, and I'm set ^^

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by firedragon_jing View Post
    I agree but lets not get too ahead of ourselves, this is a fantastic release on it's own!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by robocelot View Post
    Notaz... I am very impressed with this and I hope you come back to it in the future.

One feature I'd really like to see is a 'fit vertical height' screen option.
    you don't really need to, if you set it to the default unscaled option, then adjust just the size to 1.2, it will be the height of the screen, while still retaining the 4:3 aspect ratio. this is how i play and it's glorious. THANK YOU NOTAZ!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by indstr View Post
    you don't really need to, if you set it to the default unscaled option, then adjust just the size to 1.2, it will be the height of the screen, while still retaining the 4:3 aspect ratio. this is how i play and it's glorious. THANK YOU NOTAZ!!!
    Nice catch! I had not delved too far in the screen configuration options. Looks like you can set that as a default for all roms too.

Again, kudos to Notaz for this excellent emulator

you sir are a legend

Excellent release the sound quality/emulation is amazing too.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by firedragon_jing View Post
    Not happening, unless you like emulators that run half the normal speed and less.

The emulator though gets better and better the more i tinker with it, Popful Mail, Snatcher, Sonic CD and all the greats work tremendously well, but that really is due to the amount of options this little gem holds, everything works flawlessly, the save states, custom screen ration, in built fixes and the quick render button screams quality.

Theres always a emulator that is head and shoulders above the rest in the community, For the DC it was NesterDC and for the PSP its now PicoDrive.

Now the question remains? Who's going to port the extremely hard ZSnes and UltraHLE? Our only shot at full speed Snes and N64 emulation

im having problems with lunar 2 im stuck in a cutscene i cant see to get past it, its were you meet the girl in the green crystal, the cut scene plays ok but like half way it freezes i know the cut scene is still going cus the audio keeps playing after abit the audio stops and the hangs apparently do the cd leds the red one keeps blinking

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by IDidMyTime View Post
    Now the question remains? Who's going to port the extremely hard ZSnes and UltraHLE? Our only shot at full speed Snes and N64 emulation
    Those two emulators are only so fast due to hardware optimization. Daedelus is your UltraHLE, but with better compatability.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Those two emulators are only so fast due to hardware optimization. Daedelus is your UltraHLE, but with better compatability.
    That may be the case but even you would have to admit it would be extremely interesting to see the results of those ports, and i honestly believe they would be faster then the current.

UltraHLE only supports a few games but i would rather have 3 full speed games then 10 'playable' ones, its good for the community that Daedelus is worked on but i just hope there will be enough interest at some point for it, since i dont believe Daedelus will run anything at full speed, not even Mario64.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by IDidMyTime View Post
    That may be the case but even you would have to admit it would be extremely interesting to see the results of those ports, and i honestly believe they would be faster then the current.

UltraHLE only supports a few games but i would rather have 3 full speed games then 10 'playable' ones, its good for the community that Daedelus is worked on but i just hope there will be enough interest at some point for it, since i dont believe Daedelus will run anything at full speed, not even Mario64.
    The only reason it would be faster is because in order to port it at all, massive portions of them would have to be rewritten, and whoever did would make it psp-centric.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information