Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by indstr View Post
    your iso needs to be named "Lunar the Silver Star_01.ISO". (or .zip, i guess since you said it's zipped. i haven't actually tried that yet though)

the iso has to use the same naming convention as the mp3s, since it is track 1 on the disc

and by the way, Notaz I will soon be donating to you because you are the MAN!

Renamed it Lunar the Silver Star_01.ISO

Still nothing. I get sound fx but no music.

I tried renaming it Lunar the Silver Star_01.zip and it didn't work at all so I changed it back.

I tried taking the _ back out since I added it after seeing it shown like that in the readme and still nothing.

When I load the rom I get this error message

mp3 init failed. code 80010002

if I select resume game it will play just with no music.

Anyone know what that means?

6 Button activation is not working for me.

I'm trying to customize my buttons for Mortal Kombat for Genesis. When I enable 6 button, the game losses all control. I'm unable to access any menus in the game. All buttons do nothing. But when I shut off 6 button, the game works fine????

Can anyone else confirm this? And if anyone has 6 button working properly, could someone please give me their settings? Thank You

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mystiemyth View Post
    mp3 init failed. code 80010002

if I select resume game it will play just with no music.
    This error means that it can't find mp3 decoding library in the firmware. It has nothing to do with ISO/mp3 names. Which firmware are you running? Might be something wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by infidelity View Post

I'm trying to customize my buttons for Mortal Kombat for Genesis. When I enable 6 button, the game losses all control. I'm unable to access any menus in the game. All buttons do nothing. But when I shut off 6 button, the game works fine????
    Which MK are you trying? Just tried it with mk3 and it works. You may need to reset game so it can detect the pad change.

interesting emu release... lots of props from me!!! thanks man.. (segaCD = SEGA SATURN?)

Quote Originally Posted by infidelity View Post

Can anyone else confirm this? And if anyone has 6 button working properly, could someone please give me their settings? Thank You
    First, enable the 6 button support before loading a rom.
    Then go and configure the buttons in the emulator control settings.
    But, instead configuring the genesis buttons, configure the ones that the emulator uses.
    As an example, triangle is used to switch render modes. Input it in this way: RIGHT+TRIANGLE or L+TRIANGLE or anything else, but with 2 buttons.
    If triangle, square and other buttons are used by emulator hotkeys, they will not work ingame.
    I fixed the problem in this way.

DCEmu Newbie VideoGameObsession's Avatar

WOW! Nothing short of AMAZING! I have 3 ideas/requests for a future version.

1. Please add Rewind/Fast Forward support. This has been done with great success in NesterJ, Rin, SMSPlus. Maybe DaveX can help . I think it's much easier to rewind a bit than to save the state and restore over and over again.

2. Ad-hoc wi-fi play.

3. frontend graphical improvements. Something like SnesTYL would be great. I love the little "clicky" sound snestyl makes when cycling through roms :P It sounds so 3D with headphones, but subtle so it's not annoying. Being able to cycle through screen shots when you go through the list would make it look hot.

It really is one of the best homebrew emulators to some out in a very long time. Props to Notaz.....keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by acn010 View Post
    isegaCD = SEGA SATURN?)
    Nope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_CD

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGameObsession View Post
    WOW! Nothing short of AMAZING! I have 3 ideas/requests for a future version.

1. Please add Rewind/Fast Forward support. This has been done with great success in NesterJ, Rin, SMSPlus. Maybe DaveX can help . I think it's much easier to rewind a bit than to save the state and restore over and over again.

2. Ad-hoc wi-fi play.

3. frontend graphical improvements. Something like SnesTYL would be great. I love the little "clicky" sound snestyl makes when cycling through roms :P It sounds so 3D with headphones, but subtle so it's not annoying. Being able to cycle through screen shots when you go through the list would make it look hot.

It really is one of the best homebrew emulators to some out in a very long time. Props to Notaz.....keep up the great work!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!
    This is not my Batman cup!
    Seriously though, your asking alot and Notaz I believe has done alot already. I believe right now that he wants to est from the scene for a bit and only gave us a update due to a bad bug.
    Maybe in the future your request may become a reality but I see no purpose in making them top priority. What I believe most people would like if a new release did come out is this...
    32X BABY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGameObsession View Post
    WOW!
    the front end is perfect. snes9x's frontend is bloated beyond belief. Just compare how fast you can make a savestate in this compared to snes9x.

less is more sometimes. It has every option you need and is fast and easy to navigate, no need whatsoever to change it.

Leave the front end as it is please notaz.

OK... my final fight CD rip is buggered. It says I need to change the mp3 rate to 44. Does anyone know a simple way of doing this?

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Thread Information