Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mystiemyth View Post
    Lunar 2 is now freezing up on me. I get to a certain spot and it will not let me go any further. Is this happening to anyone else? The little red dot in the top keep blinking but it will not load the next screen.
    Try enabling "better sync" (sega CD options) sometime before that spot (not after it happens as it may be too late).

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    Try enabling "better sync" (sega CD options) sometime before that spot (not after it happens as it may be too late).
    Tried that, I've tried changing about every option I can find on it and nothing. It was working perfectly up until that.

Everything I've tried so far has worked perfectly, thanks for the great release Notaz.

Hey Notaz . thanks again for this awesome emulator

In the next release, is there any chance of preview pics/boxart support in the next release? (they would display next to rom name on the left)

Like the way daedalus has them for instance.

Either way, thanks for all your hard work

DCEmu Newbie VideoGameObsession's Avatar

Yeah, I have the same problem with Sleep mode, but it only happens when you wait a few minutes it seems. If you put into sleep mode, then get right out of it it comes back on fine. If you wait a few minutes or more when you "wake" it you get a shut off... I was pretty far into Final Fight CD when I noticed it .. Small price to pay for an amazing piece of emulation code!

I'm using an original PSP running firmware 3.71 M33-3 by the way.

Also, I couldn't get either disc of Prize Fighter to boot. I got them from romulation. Going to try another source.

Any chance of getting a Rewind option for PicoDrive? That would make it 10% cooler bring the total coolness to 110%! :P

DCEmu Newbie

Slightly off-topic but, Is there any way to get a custom firmware onto a psp slim that is already at level 3.71? I've tried to get it but every thing I've seen about it says you must already have a custom fimware of a lower level. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibb;
    I think thats a 3.71 M33 problem, whats your FW?
    Yeah 3.71. I found that it happens with gpsp too. I guess I should update.

DCEmu Newbie VideoGameObsession's Avatar

Default I love this emulator the more I use it!

I am still amazed at the compatibility and speed of this! I can run a lot of older games (carts) at around 200MHz, full 60fps, stereo 44.1KHz, and on the Accurate rendering setting too! Saves precious PSP battery life.

Just wondering if we can expect any future upgrades to this great emulator. I am still pushing for a rewind option. Once you try it it's hard to go back to the old save/load state option.

Thanks again for an amazing piece of code. Maybe you can take a look at SnesTYL and speed the DSP games up a tad :P

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus View Post
    What for? You have Snes9xTYL which runs all games fullspeed with sound in the ME versions, except of course for the extra chips and Mode 7 ones (which, you bet, also won't run fullspeed on Squidge/PocketSNES).

Define full speed?

I can only find a few games that run full speed on snesTYL (0 frameskip). The rest have to be on at least 1.

DCEmu Coder

OK, maybe 5FPS below full.

Anyway, I definately think frameskip 1 looks better on the PSP screen because it prevents ghosting (60FPS is too much to ask of it).

Besides, the good GP2X SNES emulators probably have some ARM assembly code to speed up parts of them that could not be reused on the PSP (because it's MIPS).

Thread Information