Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP

Holy sshh...
    This thing rocks!!

Tested Earthworm Jim Special Edition(sega cd) and works perfectly with minor slowdowns!!! Shrunk Bin file of my coppy to 45MB!!!OOOOOOOOOOO!

Much thanx to Notaz for ported this!!!

so, i have tried like 30+ megadrive games now and they all work 100 % perfect! =)

i have tried some sega cd games now too:

After burner iii (US) Set to Frameskip 1 since fast render seems to bug the graphics up.. very playable! not my favorite game though

Android assault (US) set to Fast render and then no frameskip is needed. the game is my darling that all shoot em up fans has to play! set the scale factor to 1.25 so it fits the psp screen better!

Keio's flying squadron (US) Set to Fast render and then no frameskip is needed. set the scale factor to 1.25 so it fits the psp screen better! very, very nice cutie old school shooter.

lords of thunder (US) Almost full speed. set to Fast render and it will be. no frameskip is needed. great game. too bad the sound from the weapons is to loudy and the music to silent..

robo aleste (EU) Almost full speed all the time. set to fast render to have 100 % full speed! cool hi res shooter =)

Slipheed (EU) fast render mode distrubs the graphics very much. the audio is a bit glitchy. it wont help set frameskip to 1.
    my scale factor: 1.32
    very innovtive shooter.

sonic the hedgehog cd (US) nice sonic game. Set to Fast render and then no frameskip is needed. the game is perfectly emulated then. but the psp screen isnt good enough sometimes for this game (when sonic is in a hurry)

thanx so very much notaz. this emu will give us all many many hours of gaming on the psp

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    Do the changes needed to make it run on 1.5 degrade the performance at all or take much time for you to accomplish? If either is true I guess I should update.
    No, the code is completely the same, and it's only a matter of changing one build option (to make a little different EBOOT), so no trouble at all.

This has seriously made my week. I've been hoping for a Sega CD emulator for so long. I never thought I'd happen.

Sorry for doubting you notaz. Great work!

Cheers

DCEmu Newbie

The Bios work just fine for me on their own and are named to match the readme... any other ideas, people?

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    No, the code is completely the same, and it's only a matter of changing one build option (to make a little different EBOOT), so no trouble at all.
    Good to hear, thanks for compiling both.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    .. and you can disable it after the game boots, to get beter performance.
    indeed i did, and now it's fullspeed in popful mail even during the voice parts :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    This emulator is simply amazing.

...and people keep saying the psp scene is dead! lol Sega CD, regular new mame builds,
    ports from gp2x

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    The Bios work just fine for me on their own and are named to match the readme... any other ideas, people?
    Need more details (exact error message). Might be a bad ISO, try another one.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Full speed emulation of Sega-CD on the first release of the emulator. This is the best PSP homebrew release of '07.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information