Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP released - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie VideoGameObsession's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Mcbride View Post
    the front end is perfect. snes9x's frontend is bloated beyond belief. Just compare how fast you can make a savestate in this compared to snes9x.

less is more sometimes. It has every option you need and is fast and easy to navigate, no need whatsoever to change it.

Leave the front end as it is please notaz.
    Well, I didn't say make the savestate like SnesTYL! No one wants that. The only thing I would make similar to SnesTYL's savestates is the png option. It's not what slow's snestyl down. It doesn't slow D-Gen much at all.
    What I said was to make it more like SnesTYL's frontend graphics. If there is one thing it has done right, it's the frontend. It's very slick. Obviously not a priority for PicoDrive, but I was saying "future" If the author gets everything perfect (not that it needs much to be perfect :P ) and wants to polish it a bit more.

Rewind and fast forward options are far better than any savestate. Once you try an emulator with this it's hard to use savestates! I am very surprised this isn't incorporated into more PC console emulators. It's really fun to mess around with. I think if the source were ever made public DaveX could add it in. He's added FF/Rewind and ever mirror modes to Rin, NesterJ, SMSPlus and maybe more that I haven't seen yet.

Ad-hoc is something I really liked with D-Gen and it worked very well too. It's the one feature that is keeping me from deleting it off my memory stick! Genesis has some great two player games that beg to be played with 2 PSPs.. Golden Axe Ad-Hoc anyone?

Anyway. I'm loving the emulator. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGameObsession View Post
    Well, I didn't say make the savestate like SnesTYL! No one wants that. The only thing I would make similar to SnesTYL's savestates is the png option. It's not what slow's snestyl down. It doesn't slow D-Gen much at all.
    What I said was to make it more like SnesTYL's frontend graphics. If there is one thing it has done right, it's the frontend. It's very slick. Obviously not a priority for PicoDrive, but I was saying "future" If the author gets everything perfect (not that it needs much to be perfect :P ) and wants to polish it a bit more.

Rewind and fast forward options are far better than any savestate. Once you try an emulator with this it's hard to use savestates! I am very surprised this isn't incorporated into more PC console emulators. It's really fun to mess around with. I think if the source were ever made public DaveX could add it in. He's added FF/Rewind and ever mirror modes to Rin, NesterJ, SMSPlus and maybe more that I haven't seen yet.

Ad-hoc is something I really liked with D-Gen and it worked very well too. It's the one feature that is keeping me from deleting it off my memory stick! Genesis has some great two player games that beg to be played with 2 PSPs.. Golden Axe Ad-Hoc anyone?

Anyway. I'm loving the emulator. Great stuff! :thumbup:
    Well i agree save state pics and the gfx would be nice However it should definatly keep its awesome system. Having to pick a save state slot every time and confim (and having to exit the game) every time is annoying

need some help here compressing mp3s to 44khz. anyone any ideas?

edit - btw NIGHT TRAP works flawlessly what a pervy game

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post

audacity can do it, but easier ways might exist. Assuming the sample rate was less you will also have lengthen the song back out after the sampling rate change. Unless you like background music "Alvin and the Chipmunks" style.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Lots of choices there. This is a job perfect for the command line and personally I like http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsamplerate/

usage: cd into the directory with the MP3's, then execute the following:
    Code:
    IFS=$'\n'; ary=`ls *.mp3`; for i in $ary; do j="$i"; k="${i%mp3}wav"; m="$k_a"; lame --decode "$j" "$k"; sndfile-resample -to 44100 -c 0 "$j" "$k"; lame -h -b 128 --resample 44.1 -m s "$m" "$i"; rm "$k" "$m"; done
    (assumes that you actually have sndfile-resample in your path. could just as easily be changed to the full path to the location of sndfile-resample)

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    This error means that it can't find mp3 decoding library in the firmware. It has nothing to do with ISO/mp3 names. Which firmware are you running? Might be something wrong with it.
    I'm getting the same error (mp3 init failed. code 80010002) when trying to play sonic CD.

Firmware 1.5.

I used MediaCoder (free).

Just open it, set the 'LAME MP3' tab on the right to CBR, Stereo and somewhere from 96-128Kbps, go to the 'audio' tab on the left and set resample to 44100, set the output folder up top, hit 'add', choose all the mp3s, hit start and wait.

I only used it to transcode some mp3s to lower bitrate, but its worth a shot.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    I'm getting the same error (mp3 init failed. code 80010002) when trying to play sonic CD.

Firmware 1.5.
    Hmm.. Anyone else on 1.5?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by notaz View Post
    Hmm.. Anyone else on 1.5?
    Yeah I'm on 1.5. Lunar 1 will not work with music, but Lunar 2 works fine. Haven't tried any other SegaCD games yet. Sega Genesis games work great.

Thanks alot b8a, bah, and jamoto!

I got Final Fight CD working (with audio) using mediacoder

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

perhaps a bit offtopic, but fun anyway

http://dgen.justgotowned.com/

=))

Thread Information