Thread: How do ya burn Mame4all with Bootdreams?

Default How do ya burn Mame4all with Bootdreams?

These is my for time using Emulators on Dreamcast.

I would like a tutorial please.

And need to know if the roms need to be zipped or unzipped and if there need to be taking out of the folder?

And for the love of God someone please tell me if Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Arcade Game (4 player version) works perfect & supports 4 players well in this emulator?

DCEmu Newbie

Same here, I can't find anything of how to make it work right.. I think I have it burned properly, (using DiscJuggler), but it always says something like, "Error: No available games found." which I understand as it "Can't find roms ...no roms found".. Right now they are in folders, but not zipped.. Should I zip them?

I tried going to MAME GP2X for more info, as suggested on the DC projects page, but it appears to be down right now.. Anyways, every time I run this it says no roms found, and they are in the /roms/ directory, I have the 0.31 version of roms, I've tried shuffling the CD directories around a few times, and nothing helps.. All other DCemus/SBI files I setup and run work great.. Any help appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Since I'm using 0.31 version of roms, I don't know if they are the same as 0.34/0.35 ... and, I prefer discjuggler over bootdreams, but I can use either no problem... Also, what does mame4all mean by asking, "aged", classic or gold? I choose "aged"? And, does mame4all have to be on its own disc (like how I think neogeo4all works?) I haven't used any ____4all before, only sbi stuff, and everything I do with sbi works good... but I have multi emu sbi's on 1 disc.. Do I need to put mame 4 all on the disc with nothing else? Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Rifter01; March 18th, 2008 at 07:42. Reason: Moved from another thread

Download MAMEGP2X 5.1:
    http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1058

There are a 'crlmame_roms.dat' and 'clrmame_samples.dat' for testing your roms with ClrMame:
    http://www.clrmame.com

Test first using MAME4ALL for windows or linux, and then you must add to cdrom 'roms/*' and 'samples/*':

/1st_read.bin
    /aged.bin
    /aged.bmp
    /aged.mod
    /classic.bin
    /classic.bmp
    /classic.mod
    /gold.bin
    /gold.bmp
    /gold.mod
    /ip.bin
    /loading.bmp
    /menu.bin
    /menu.mod
    /select.bmp
    /version.bmp
    /roms/...
    /samples/...

Zip is supported but it is not necessary if you dont want it.

About make a autoboot, i cant help you a lot, i always use echelon old method and discjuggler for toasting.
    Last edited by chui; March 19th, 2008 at 12:37.

Chui, which samples set are we supposed to use with this beta? The older 0.34 archive, or the newer set for MAME4ALL GP2X?

I dont know, i suppose that it is the older 0.34, but i think that its better test first with mame4all for windows or linux.

Thread Information