Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5.20 with holux support for slim psps

DCEmu Newbie

I love this little Program...... There is so much more it can do compared to a stand alone GPS... in the sense of fun....I made a mp3 file from at&t's voice recognition sight...saying what we all wish a gps would say if you went left instead of right.....My friends pissed them self when they heard it.... but, unfortunately, I can not find a way to use it.... Is there some way to ad that " Off Coarse " or "wrong way point" ....

Thanks Again Deniska

Quote Originally Posted by dragon23 View Post
    I love this little Program...... There is so much more it can do compared to a stand alone GPS... in the sense of fun....I made a mp3 file from at&t's voice recognition sight...saying what we all wish a gps would say if you went left instead of right.....My friends pissed them self when they heard it.... but, unfortunately, I can not find a way to use it.... Is there some way to ad that " Off Coarse " or "wrong way point" ....

Thanks Again Deniska
    I am glad you liked the program.. You are right, the beuaty of open sorce software is that you can tweak it to your liking.. In your case, if you are creative, you should be able (with help of gmdl program) produce your own set of custom (and pretty extensive) voice prompts (set of up to 1000), which would be triggered by certain combination of words in the direction listings.. ie you can have one promt for "merge left", another prompt for "left turn" yet another promt for just word "left" (if nothing else matches).. and so on...
    So with some patience & creativity you should be able to "teach" the program to spill back any funny attitude that you wish ...

And.. if you ever come up with any funny promts set. please post it so other can try it out too.. ;-)

"wrong turn" feature is not yet implemented in the program itself.. but, in theory, one can combine a route with a set of manually added POIs which are set on every intersection where you can go off course. So if you make a wrong turn, you land on a POI (which can have a transparent icon if needed) saying "You made wrong turn, dude".. perhaps in7ane would look at implementing this if he has time... but until then, you can fabricate this "smart route" semi-manually if you just want to entertain your friends..

DCEmu Newbie

If i press the "X" button marking a point with gps on and starting to walk, and also continuosly press the "O" button, on the screen i have a red track. Naturally it is not very pretty for my right thumb, but if this is made via software, also saving every 5 or 10 minutes the track on ms for future retrieve, would be very useful. So when i am walking on the streets of a beautiful town, i know what places i have still to visit.

Another thing: is possible to display two or more categories of poi on the screen?

Regards

I have about one kilometer deviation, how to adjustment?

DCEmu Pro

CLAUDIOGPS: I changed .505 to implement GPS trail and recording to POI file: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...8439&page=3#26

You can only display more POI files at the same time by merging them all into a single file beforehand.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by oboroo View Post
    In 0.5.0zz I can user mapViewr, but gps psp-290 can't used. ><
    I hope this ver:0.5.2 can support psp-290.
    anyway. thank u. ^^
    I have to correct what i said before to you related to usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx. You can delete thees two files from the directory of program because not necessary.

Regards

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    CLAUDIOGPS: I changed .505 to implement GPS trail and recording to POI file: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...8439&page=3#26

You can only display more POI files at the same time by merging them all into a single file beforehand.
    Today i have tested your version of program with gps trail and i find it very useful. I have still some random freeze of program ad after formatting ms with fat 32 i thought that the problem was ended, bat i was wrong.
    For merging poi files is ok, bat in this manner they have the same symbol and so is impossible to choose the one from the other.

Many thanks.

Regards.

I'm using the gps psp-290 and the PSP Slim in Chicago. The reception always comes and goes and that's ok. The thing is that I don't see an easy way to trace a direction. Is there any way to do it in the PSP instead with a computer and the map program? Also I don't understand about geodata, is it the things about the stores and telephones? If someboty can give me some hints I'll appreciate it. Well, that's all. Thanks for the homebrew, it is great!

DCEmu Pro

CLAUDIOGPS: not necessarily, although you should only use !WAYPOINT once, you can use !IMAGE:file.png as often as you want. Subsequent entries will then use that POI file.

christeck9: I have answered that question 3 posts before your post... But you might mean calculating a route from point A to point B (this isn't called tracing), which is not possible in MapThis yet. Indeed, use either GMDL or http://getroute.nieko.net/.

If you search the forums a bit for "POI" and "geodata" you should be able to find what the two are, or check http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map%20This.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information