Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5.20 with holux support for slim psps

DCEmu Newbie

Question scale.png and MapABC china map drift from GPS

Since the scale shown on the map is a png file in the system folder which means the same scale will apply to all places in the world regardless its latitude. However, I find that the scale is not correct for my Hong Kong Map downloaded from Google by GMDL, Is the Scale.png not correct or should we "scale" the scale.png for places in different latitude?

Anyother problem is, China map download from mapABC by GMDL seems drift in both Long/Lat. I download the map of Shenzhen, China and the GPS arrow indicates that I am about 500 meter North West from my actual street corner. I think it is a problem of map ABC but can we adjust it from GMDL or the map This?

Regards
    PC Tong

I am aware of the scale problem.. Although it is not on my "high priority" list..
    The quick workaround is to create a new scale image for your latitude and replace the existing one in system folder...
    As far as the map goes.. I may introduce x/y offset variables in configuration, to correct the positioning error.. Until then, if you are handy - you can try to use "MapCruncher" on your existing map to adjust the coordinates..

DCEmu Regular

pctong, mapABC, or Google when supplying them specs, seems to have messed up on rendering the tiles - you can see the offset in Google Earth by loading up http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/MapABC.kml , my guess is that it will get fixed eventually as this will probably affect their searches/routing too (note how there is no satellite view in ditu.google.cn as that would show up the offset).

deniska, are you planning on just having a fixed lat/lon offset (user specifies 1 point) or something of a reprojection (2 or 3 user specified points) like what MapCruncher does?

No just plain lat/lon offset..

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks. Downloading and going to test.

DCEmu Pro

deniska: I've moved NMEA recording+fakefeed to config file, and moved my GPS to POI recording to the start menu. As said before, I suck at graphics, so menubuttons.png still has to be updated . [edit: new menubuttons.png done.]

NMEA recording is specified using the NMEARECORDING directive (0=off, 1=on). Of course NMEA recording only works when fakefeed=0. POI recording and NMEA recording at the same time is possible.

Start recording in menu always opens a file with "!WAYPOINT", but it only begins recording when you really have a fix (i.e., when you can see the green bars).

Instead of mapping reverse cycling through display modes to the left button, I followed AlbertoZ's idea of using the left button for night mode. Implementing reverse cycling would've been a lot harder also because of the overlap between rotatemap=0|1 when GPS is off.

I also noticed two things:
    • In main.c::menuGpsInfo290() CPU frequency is reset after pressing Select, but this doesn't happen in main.c::menuGpsInfoGeneric(). Why is this?
    • Why is WARNINGDISTANCE based on pixels at zoom level 1? The more you zoom out, the closer by you need to be.

The complete changelog is:
    Changes:
    • Auto switching of maps, Map This! will automatically load more detailed maps;
    • NMEARECORDING and FAKEFEED are specified in config.txt;
    • Left button is mapped to toggling night mode;
    • Toggling fakefeed in the menu is now recording GPS to POI file;
      • Trail can be seen on the map with marker turned on.
    • WARNINGDISTANCE is now really always in pixels, not relative to pixels at zoom level 1:
    • MIDPOINT POIs are ignored: don't show message plate;
    • _MY_POIS are read from /PSP/COMMON instead of per map;
    • The screen doesn't change brightness when adapter is plugged in (only when viewing map);
    • In all lists, left and right shoulder button moves the cursor 10 places back or forth;
    • Autozoom zooms in or out depending on your speed;
      • AUTOZOOM indicates per how many speed units it should zoom in or out;
      • AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS (from GoDE) indicates hysteresis;
    • Second line in POI can now be 90 characters;
    • Support for _DEFAULT POI file, which loads at startup;
    • Analog scrolling, still taking CURSORSPEED into account;
    • No need for sioprx.prx when ENABLESERIALPORT=0;
    • Do not show _MY_POIS when loading another POI file;
    • Fixed spelling and added some info in config.txt.

Bug fixes:
    • STARTUPSCREENMODE works again;
    • makefile pointed to .PNG files instead of to .png;
    • {attraction,circle,warning}.png had green and red swapped;
    • When adding a POI the second line is empty by default, used to be single space;
    • With a valid STARTUPMAP and STARTUPSCREENMODE=0, no map was shown.
      • Also, ^M at the end of STARTUPMAP= in config.txt is ignored.

The changed files are: attractions.[ch], display.c, font.[ch], ICON0.png, ICON00.png, main.[ch], makefile, menu.[ch], menubuttons.png, {attraction, circle, waypoint}.png

The source and EBOOT files can be found here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/m...0-%20Nieko.zip

Thanks!
    I'll give it a try and merge in to official version when i have a chance..

-I dont' think I change the frequency in generic Sat info screen (there is no need for that) - but I'll doublecheck that logic..
    - that
    WARNINGDISTANCE implementation was the easiest, and seemd like a good idea at that time.. if you want - feel free to change it..

DCEmu Pro

Ah right, I misread, it's still possible to change CPU frequency, but it doesn't do it by itself indeed, like in menuGpsInfo290().

Concerning warningdistance, I removed the "/zm" after warn_dist, effectively giving a warning as soon as you're 35 pixels away from the waypoint.

Together with autozoom (I hope to get this in tomorrow) this allows you to see freeway exits earlier than e.g. a turn on a small village road.

I updated the zipfile above to include different approach to warningdistance.

DCEmu Pro

Update: I've changed the post above to reflect the changes I've also made in earlier versions. Have fun .

deniska: could you or the person who originally made menubuttons.png update it to reflect the new functionality? It looks like crap now .

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko: today i have tested the version 0.5.20 with your modify and for me is good to have on menu the trail recording so don't modify accidentaly (and then without shortcut).
    As made by ZZ, would be useful to have shortcuts for find types of poi files and other actions not critical in case of error.
    Indication of battery charge percentage (as ZZ), would be useful too.

Good work.

Regards

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information