Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis 0.5.20 with holux support for slim psps

DCEmu Newbie

Deviance, of course you are not there, because you have not still at last three hooked satellites. You have the signal of 4 satellites bat not still hooked. You have to have a little patient more when you switch on the psp.

Regards.

p.s. at the end of the line you have "1" instead "0" when a satellite is hooked (fix). You are in Szombathely near border with Austria, have I guessed?
    Last edited by CLAUDIOGPS; January 7th, 2008 at 18:20.

DCEmu Newbie

yes austria - szombathely 20-30 km
    and i go out the house, i wait more then 15min?

DCEmu Newbie

No, if after 15 minutes none satellites are fixed you can go again out after dinner. In any case i think that all is ok and now the position of satellites are not favorable. remember to go in a place with open sky (if you are in a city with narrow roads is not ok for the fist time to know how gps works) and to stay without walking.
    Now i go to eat.

Regards

DCEmu Newbie

now worked :P then the signal energy is 20-30% and sometimes disconnect

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, one day i asked you if was possible to view more file of pois in the meaning time, ad you said to me no, bat that i could merge some poi files.
    I responded you that in this case on the map various types of pois were shown with the same symbol.
    At pag. 9 you replied to me:"CLAUDIOGPS: not necessarily, although you should only use !WAYPOINT once, you can use !IMAGE:file.png as often as you want. Subsequent entries will then use that POI file."
    I havn't understood your last sentence. Can you explain me?

Another thing: in file of poi "_default" at the first line there is the name of png file to display points on map. I changed the name of the png file without any effect, why?

Regards.
    Last edited by CLAUDIOGPS; January 8th, 2008 at 16:24.

DCEmu Newbie

Deviance, i don't understand very well what happen, if you can explain better....some other photos are perfect.

Regards.
    Last edited by CLAUDIOGPS; January 8th, 2008 at 16:26.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDIOGPS View Post
    Deviance, i don't understand very well what happen, if you can explain better....some other photos are perfect.

Regards.

now gps is ok thanx then the bad the sign too low

and one question, i am in orgona street. and i search petofi street. then how to calculate the route?
    Last edited by Deviance; January 8th, 2008 at 17:15.

DCEmu Newbie

Directly with mapthis! is impossible, but if with GMDL you have download geodata for your map is possible find a street, you have to do: menu'-> address look up-> write exactly the name of the street e.g. "via Giuseppe Garibaldi" in Italy and where you are "senyetal utca" (if i read right). If you write only "senye" mapthis! will give you all streets beginning with this name.
    In posts of Nieko there is a link that give you the path to go in any place, but only with pc. With psp with wifi connection? I don't still test.

Regards.

DCEmu Newbie

Wink

Hello everyone. Today I found this great stuff. I read many of posts but now I have more questions then before I use PSP Slim 3.71 m33-4. So

1. I'm gonna order GP2A cable from http://www.moby.cn/
    2. I'll buy holux 236 or holux 240
    3. I have downloaded map this 0.5.20 ver and put a map of my town.

1st question: Is this all I have to do?
    2nd question: My map hasn't got all the names of the streets- how can I add them ?
    3rd question: How can I make map this maps
    4th question: Where i can see maps ready to download ?

Soory if I'm asking stupid questions but i'm a newbie. Don't get angry atm e :S

edit: OK I need gmld - but in it there are only some files ? Can someone give me a tutorial
    Last edited by markata; January 9th, 2008 at 16:37.

DCEmu Newbie

Markata, I prefer to use psp-290 instead other gps because I can put it on top of psp without cable that for me is better specially when i walk in a city. Someone says that holux gps is more sensible but for me a cable is unbearable. In any case for me the sensibility of psp-290 is sufficient .
    Last edited by CLAUDIOGPS; January 9th, 2008 at 18:23.

Thread Information