Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Outsells Wii for the 2nd Consecutive week in Japan

Default PS3 Outsells Wii for the 2nd Consecutive week in Japan

That's right, according to RipTen the Sony PS3 outsold the Nintendo Wii for 2 weeks in a row.

The latest sales are in from Japan for the week starting 12/11 and ending 18/11, and surprisingly the PS3 is holding on in there with its new 40GB model, fighting off Nintendo’s Wii for another week. The Xbox360 also sees a rise, and Super Mario Galaxy and Heavenly Sword also having respectable sales. Find out the numbers after the jump.

Hardware:

DSLite: 81000
    PSP: 66000
    PS3: 53000
    Wii: 36000
    PS2: 8800
    Xbox360: 5700

Impressive, huh? The Wii is going down very bad.

Discuss via Comments

Reminds me of this post on the thread showing the consoles sales charts of the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Good for them, but I'm sure Wii will be better next week.
    :rofl: Haha, noob.

This is very surprising...
    For once the Wii is outdone. Now we just need to get the 360 up and running for battle.

It's good that it's doing better than Wii, but the DS is the thing it needs to overtake!
    I really doubt it'll happen though.

YAY PS3!!!!!
    But, I still don't understand why everyone likes the DS so much... I got rid of mine because it sucked. Wii is alright, but much better once it's modchipped. PS3 is just awesome, except when it crashes.....
    I don't have a 360, but they are pretty good from what i've seen. I can't believe PS2 is still beating 360 though....
    PS2 should be dead by now in my oppinion.

Hell yeah, die wii die

DCEmu Legend

I think the PS3 has more long-term potential which is why its seeing a slow start. Its power and potential with firmware updates and stuff make it the "next-gen" console likely to grow the most. As developers find it easier and easier to tap into the PS3's power, they will stop releasing loads of shovelware for the DS and Wii and the PS3 will eventually see some mind-blowing never thought possible games.

And another thing going for the PS3 is that Blu-Ray is the superior Hi-Def format. I'll argue it all day with anyone. If you take your HD audio and video seriously, you'll research and see that Blu-Ray is the superior format.

Right now I only have an XBOX 360 but now that Mario Galaxy and other great games are available for the Wii, the Wii will likely be my next choice. I'll get the PS3 within the next 6-12 months most likely.

The wii doesn't have much potential it's very poor quality machine, only playing games that's not enough there is no media features i hate these kind of machines the wii will die next, that's for sure only 360 and ps3 will challenge in the next gen war i really want company like gph should release a console already gph has released the best portable system on the planet called gp2x-f200 no portable system comes close, with breakout board it an complete console already there is an rumour about the new gp2x system called gp2x-f800 which has 800mhz processor this will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    Hell yeah, die wii die
    ill second that!, **** wii

While the raw gaming power of the PS3 cannot be denied, I can't help but think that the Wii sales numbers would be much higher if Nintendo could make enough units to meet the current demand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information