Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will there ever be an Nintendo 64 & Sega Dreamcast PSP Emulator ?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by cmelodysax
    Yeah. Dreamcast prolly wont be emulated on anything for the next 3 or 4 years. Remember it takes a lot of power to run emu's correctly. I maybe mistaken, but it took a good graphix card and pretty powerful cpu (700mhz plus) just emulate a PSX which was I think 33mhz. So even if this where to hold true for DC you prolly need around like 4.3ghz cpu. If a psp ran that fast it prolly burn your hands. Not only that, YOU NEED STORAGE. I think that the PSP can read up to 1gb memory stix. The DC media was also 1gb. Granted most games didnt fill the disc, but would you want a 800mb file eating up your stick let alone they cost around $100+ a pop. Even if someone got the hands on a umd burner, where would you get the umd's? How much would they cost? It be more cost effective just to buy a DC and crap load of games (for all those who use emulation for what it is). So all in all its really not worth the effort.

I want to learn how to code for PSP. Where do start. rtfm i guess..
    So that nobody else says it, the psx was emulated on PCs as low as 400some mhz. Also, it was emulated on the dreamcast. The dreamcast itself has a processor whose capabilites are roughly equal to a 700mhz x86 processor (in floating point operations). The GD-rom of the dreamcast can hold well over a gigabyte of data (not by all that much) but somwhere around 1.5gb max iirc.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ePSXe still runs like $#@! on my 2.7 GHz PC. Sound is choppy and will come and go. FMVs run extremely fast with no sound. The Character models look nice but the backgrounds become fuzzy (however I think this is just from the higher resolution). Chris Redfield runs as fast as Sonic too.

My hopes for a PSOne emulator running smoothly on a PSP are fading.

DCEmu Newbie

HAHA it would be nice but not possible. SHENMUE on psp

Think about control aswell
    DC/N64 and PSP may have different button numbers
    for example, a PS2 controller has 2 analogue sticks, whereas PSP only has one, so it would be quite hard to control

Quote Originally Posted by cmelodysax
    Yeah. Dreamcast prolly wont be emulated on anything for the next 3 or 4 years.
    PS3 might if cell is as powerful as we hope it is

Talking

[QUOTE=Kaiser]N64-yes working on it

kaiser thought you said it wasn't gonna happen.

it probably wont but it's a nice thought

why don't we drop all the talk of N64 and dreamcast and go back to this topic when snes emulation is full speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information