Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Homebrew Icon Arranger

                  
   
  1. #1
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Homebrew Icon Arranger

    I made a program called IconsUp and attached it to this post. I don't know if this had done before or not, but I needed something to do.

    The program allows you to specify the order that your memory stick games are displayed, and automatically brings the valid icons up above all "corrupt" icons.

    1.) Put on memory stick and run
    2.) Select folders with the mouse and move with up and down keys
    3.) Click Arrange

    You should be all set. (YES, IT MUST BE RUN FROM THE DRIVE WITH THE GAMES ON IT i.e. THE MEMORY STICK).

    How it works: It moves all % folders to your temp directory, and moves them back to the memory stick in reverse of the order you sepcify. (The PSP displays them from newest to oldest.)

    Please confirm this works for you.

  2. #2
    Won Hung Lo wraggster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Age
    48
    Posts
    129,264
    Blog Entries
    3209
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    thanks for the news

  3. #3
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks Worked like a charm

  4. #4
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    i presume this is NOT for firmware 1.0
    am i right?
    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by znamezsame
    I made a program called IconsUp and attached it to this post. I don't know if this had done before or not, but I needed something to do.

    The program allows you to specify the order that your memory stick games are displayed, and automatically brings the valid icons up above all "corrupt" icons.

    1.) Put on memory stick and run
    2.) Select folders with the mouse and move with up and down keys
    3.) Click Arrange

    You should be all set. (YES, IT MUST BE RUN FROM THE DRIVE WITH THE GAMES ON IT i.e. THE MEMORY STICK).

    How it works: It moves all % folders to your temp directory, and moves them back to the memory stick in reverse of the order you sepcify. (The PSP displays them from newest to oldest.)

    Please confirm this works for you.

  5. #5
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Guess Not

    Quote Originally Posted by cklee
    i presume this is NOT for firmware 1.0
    am i right?
    thanks
    I guess not. Never played with a 1.0, but my understanding is that you guys don't have % directories, right?

    If that's the case, you are already 1 up on us, because you don't have to deal with all the corrupt icon crap we do, so IconsUp is already half as useful. And if I adapted it for 1.0, you might not like it. Moving the main directories off then back on the card would be very time consuming with all the ROMs, WADs, Full EBOOTS, etc.

  6. #6

    Default

    nice work... thank you

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by znamezsame
    How it works: It moves all % folders to your temp directory, and moves them back to the memory stick in reverse of the order you sepcify.
    That seems more than a little wasteful. You should be able to just update the modified date of the directory without changing it (under Linux or Cygwin you can just use 'touch *%' to move all corrupted data files to the bottom, for example). Failing that, try making a cheaper change - rename the folders and rename them back, for example. That would change the ordering, but wouldn't involve moving large chunks of data between your memory stick and hard drive.

  8. #8
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iapetus2k2
    That seems more than a little wasteful. You should be able to just update the modified date of the directory without changing it (under Linux or Cygwin you can just use 'touch *%' to move all corrupted data files to the bottom, for example). Failing that, try making a cheaper change - rename the folders and rename them back, for example. That would change the ordering, but wouldn't involve moving large chunks of data between your memory stick and hard drive.
    I did try renaming on Windows, it failed to reorganize the icons on the PSP. I believe it is based on which FAT entries are made first. Renaming seems to alter the FAT entries, but not move them around. I can't speak for Linux or Cygwin, I'm a Windows sheap. But with 1.5 the EBOOTS in the % directories are not large, and the method I choose takes only a few seconds for about a dozen folders.

  9. #9
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1.0 Does not use the exploit whic hresults in corrupt data icon. 1.0 Users may ignore this post.
    1.51+ users can ignore this too, as you can't run homebrew anyway.

  10. #10
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    cool just what i was looking for. now i can keep my games and apps in order of how often i use them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •