Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PicoDrive for PSP v1.35b - Genesis/Sega CD Emulator for the PSP

DCEmu Rookie

Hey Notaz, When it comes to zipping iso's, I actually don't recommend it because it causes very long load times (some almost lasting 10 seconds) with it trying to decompress data. Is there any way to make this not load so long? If not I guess that's alright because the cso format is pretty cool alternative option. I do want to report a bug I noticed and hopefully will be fixed with a patch:

Once you compress a ISO into a cso file, it saves you tons of considerable space which is a plus and no decompression seems to be used (no decompressin file/ loading screens). My bug I'd like to report doesn't happen when you load up a ISO for the first time (no save file, never played before) but this annoying bug pops up after you reset the game or re enter the game (exit emu and return to emu to play game again.) A doctor Robotnick pops on screen immediately saying my sram (or is it bram?) isn't innitiated? Funny thing is... he never pops up when...

1) Iso (not cso) is zipped in a zip file and played
    2) Regular Iso is played
    3) Once I reformat my Sram and reset game (cso format)

I would love to save alot of space on my memory stick but not run into this Robotnick Character before I even play the game. I do have to say that I only tried Sonic CD when I found this bug, I didn't try other cso files.

That's strange da1writer, I have my Sonic CD in CSO format but it seems to be fine. I don't run into any of the problems you've mentioned. You may want rip your Sonic CD disc again because it's very likely you may have a bad ISO image.

can you please tell me where to get games and bios for pico?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by infader View Post
    bioses
    games

Quote Originally Posted by infader View Post
    Download games/bios is illegal, please read the rules.

So he can't get games to play on it or even the bios to run it?.

Bit of a catch 22 situation.

So yeah, try google.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by V3N0M View Post
    That's strange da1writer, I have my Sonic CD in CSO format but it seems to be fine. I don't run into any of the problems you've mentioned. You may want rip your Sonic CD disc again because it's very likely you may have a bad ISO image.
    Well I found out the problem, I guess my iso compressor I usually use got corrupted. So I grabbed that PSP Iso compressor 1.4 and I never ran in the problem I was having with Sonic CD.
    Nevermind Notaz, great work! Now I can save tons of memory by converting my iso's to cso format.

Side Note: Could someone or Notaz tell me what CSO compressed games suffer slowdown/long loading when it comes to FMV? Sonic CD runs fine and it has those anime clips...

DCEmu Rookie

Default Bummer

"The Animals" doesn't work...I know it isn't the best game...But It would be great to get this game running..Anyone got this problem?..I tried a lot of settings,but no luck...Wel..back to Snatcher than!!

DCEmu Rookie

Holy Crap, I found the bug in actual form and it actually hurts Sega CD games (at least Sonic CD)!
    Has anyone been able to save any of their Sega Cd games (at least Sonic CD? If no, it's probably because of the SRAM not being innitiated, Robotknick will pop up to tell you this.
    Here's how to get what I'm getting Notaz:
    1) Once you are in Picodrive go into 'Change Options'
    2) Once inside there go into '[Sega/Mega CD Options]'
    3) Once you are inside that one menu, go down to SaveRam cart and turn it ON
    4) Then exit all the settings and load up Sonic CD (doesn't matter what form)
    5) Now watch what happens after Sonic appears with the Sega Logo... Meet Robotknick. Sonic Hates him and now, so do I...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Denny View Post
    So he can't get games to play on it or even the bios to run it?.

Bit of a catch 22 situation.

So yeah, try google.
    No, he should dump his own original games and bios from his own console.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information