Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus R14 Progress--N64 Emulator--UPDATE 11/25

Default Daedalus R14 Progress--N64 Emulator--UPDATE 11/25

StrmnNrmn has updated us this Sunday night, well for all my U.S. right now, anyway read away and enjoy. This looks to be a great upcomming release!

R14 Progress It's been a while since I talked about R14 so I wanted to post a quick update on what I've been doing.

The Media Engine work has been going well. The job manager I talked about last week is now fairly functional and handles executing the audio upsampling code in 3 different modes: synchronously, asynchronously on the main processor, and asynchronously on the ME.

It's taken me a little longer to get the audio upsampling code working smoothly on the ME. I decided to focus on this initially (rather than Azimer's Audio HLE code) as it's a lot simpler and more self contained, but getting it working on the ME without any glitches required a little bit of work. I had to rewrite the simple ring buffer I was using to be lock-free. This is straightforward when dealing with a single reader thread and a single writer thread on the same processor, but a little more care is required when the reader and writer are operating on separate cores without cache coherency. I think getting this running glitch-free has helped prepare me well for the bigger task of getting Azimer's HLE code running asynchronously on the ME. I'll be working on this next.

Besides the ME work, I've had an interesting diversion getting some new font rendering working in Daedalus. I saw on the ps2dev.org forums that BenHur had released a library for rendering text using the PSP's built in fonts. I've always been a little unhappy with Daedalus's text rendering, and thought this would be a good opportunity to improve it. Here's a screenshot of the UI using BenHur's intraFont library (click through for a better-looking unscaled version):

I think this is looking a lot better than the previous font. The drop shadows really help make the text more readable. I also support multiple fonts for the first time, so the header text actually looks like header text

-StrmnNrmn

wow that looks sooooooooooo much better!!!!1
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

Looks up at Safari Al then back onto the thread.

yes it looks soo much better :P

Wishes Safari Al didn't speak now :P

this was a good design =)

DCEmu Old Pro

This news post really needs work - instead of attaching the image, which people who aren't logged in can't see, you should instead just insert it in [img] tags.

Captain Morgan (or a mod) can you please insert this updated article in place? It's in code tags.

Edit: Thanks - sorry the code tags removed the spaces o.O

Cloudy

Go ahead I don't mind I was just posting it because no one else seemed to see it or want to do it.

edit: Seems to be something wrong with the code with the image, I pasted it 3 times and even edited with what I thought would fix it but the picture wouldn't show, but this looks better then the original.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    Go ahead I don't mind I was just posting it because no one else seemed to see it or want to do it.

edit: Seems to be something wrong with the code with the image, I pasted it 3 times and even edited with what I thought would fix it but the picture wouldn't show, but this looks better then the original.
    edited for the pic and aded spaces where needed

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon

Edit: please do try to keep it within the same format as the original news

and also leave links to the creators thread/news post, just telling you so you know next time good job at the spot
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

DCEmu Old Pro

Ta, looks better ^_^

Cloudy

good idea to change the menu (thumpsup)

Is the emulator compatible with the rom "Neon Genesis Evangelion (jap)"?

Last time I checked, it wasn't...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information