Thread: Elite DS News

Blog Entries

NDS Elite DS News

Update from quirky:

I got side tracked with grit, adding the ability to share a palette between various images. Now that this problem is solved (Cearn sent me an interesting program to merge image palettes after I sent him a patch against grit to do something similar) Elite AGB compiles for the DS. All that's left is to get it working! :-)

At the minute the NDS file just shows 2 white screens; a familiar situation for anyone who has coded anything on the DS. So now to start debugging...

http://quirkygba.blogspot.com/2007/1...-elite-ds.html

DCEmu Rookie

Elite on DS!? Would that be the space sim from the 80's? Maybe the Amiga version? (Is that anything like the MCGA PC version called Elite Plus?)

I damn well hope so!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Echo1 View Post
    Elite on DS!? Would that be the space sim from the 80's? Maybe the Amiga version? (Is that anything like the MCGA PC version called Elite Plus?)

I damn well hope so!
    I hoped soo aswell... but I guess this is something else :3

DCEmu Newbie

Fantastic! Quirky's two ports of Elite for the GBA were amazing! I even reported a bug or two on them. I have a request for Quirky though. I found control in AGB Elite hard because it was no longer possible to turn and change acceleration at the same time. This is essential for playing Elite. Please map the shoulder buttons for deceleration and acceleration in the DS version, or allow custom key mapping.

Thanks!

Thread Information