Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Error "No Disk in drive"

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by brmanuk
    woohoo! i got it to work! the only problem is i dont get any cd-da audio (im playing KOF94), is this normal, or is cd-da not enabled yet? thanks
    try to turn off z80 underclocking. if that doesn't work there is a chance your game CD is bad/improperly made, try putting it into a CD player and see if you get audio for tracks 2 on.

I tried turning it off but it made no difference and it works in a cd player. I made the disk by creating a mixed mode data audio cd on nero 5 from an original disk. Is there anyway I could make a better copy? I noticed when it was burning the audio tracks appeared to be burning as wave files however it plays in a conventional cd player like you said so im guessing thats not an issue. Thanks.
    edit: I burnt the disk in ISO Level 1 Mode 2/XA if that makes any difference.

Dream Coder

does it play cdda in neodc? that is basically the last test to see if it's your disc or the emulator. either that or try NeoCD/SDL 0.3.1 on the PC.

No, it doesn’t play on NeoDC either...I've noticed something about the disk though. The audio tracks on the original disk don’t have any index pauses between tracks, however, the first track (the data track) has a 3 second pause before the first audio track plays. The tracks on the copy I made don’t have pauses either, however there is only a 2 second pause (Nero default) between the data track and the first audio track and I don’t know how to increase it to 3 seconds. I'm guessing that’s messing up the audio tracks.

Has anyone got any ideas how to make a better copy, perhaps with a different program?

Default try alcohol 120%

thats it!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by brmanuk
    Has anyone got any ideas how to make a better copy, perhaps with a different program?
    Follow the tutorials in my sig to dump your game as iso/wav set.
    Once you have your iso/wav set , use UltraISO to rebuild another "Track01.iso" (drag and drop your original CD data track content).
    Try using the same volume label there is for your original Track01.

Pick up a cuesheet to burn your new iso/wav set.
    (If there is none matching your game , post your .bin's cue file content here and i'll give you the direction to make a proper cue file for your iso/wav set.)

Burn using Daemon Tools / Clone CD method.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information