Thread: Sony reveals official Extended Battery Pack kit

Blog Entries

Default Sony reveals official Extended Battery Pack kit

via pspfanboy

You asked for it ... and now you got it! The PSP Extended Life Battery Kit will work on both the old and new PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 models. This 2200mAh battery will offer 20% more battery life on the older models, and 80% more life on the new slim line. This battery will bulge out slightly on the slimmer PSP systems, so new battery covers will be included. However, those with Star Wars Ceramic White systems are out of luck: doesn't appear a new battery cover is being made for that particular model.

There's no official MSRP and release date yet, but we'll update the post when we get the news.

Screen Via Comments

DCEmu Pro

isn't this the same exact battery they been selling for the past... oh.. 2 years?

this looks more or [-->] less [<--] like a battery than a "kit" to me

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
    isn't this the same exact battery they been selling for the past... oh.. 2 years?

this looks more or [-->] less [<--] like a battery than a "kit" to me
    I agree, I've had this 2200mah battery for about a year or two now in my PSP. Maye this is news to people not living in North America who may have not gotten the 2200mah battery?

Yeah, but does it have the size of a slim battery, of the size of the old one?
    Ewwww, it would be really cheesy for the kit to include a bigger battery cover to hold the battery on the Slim, yuck!! :S

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by yoshinatsu View Post
    It would be really cheesy for the kit to include a bigger battery cover to hold the battery on the Slim, yuck!! :S
    Yeah, this seems to be the same battery that has been out for a long time now. I have this battery in both of my "classic" PSP's and I have a third still in its package that I was going to use for my Slim. But I would not want it bulging out of the back.

Looks like SONY is just repackaging the same old battery. It would be nice if SONY could release an extended battery exclusively for the Slim PSP. Nobody will want to make the new PSP less slim with a bulgier battery cover.

I'm use the 2600mah 3.6v battery I don't know why you guys use this one as the main, this one is my backup, this is the Sony Stamina battery.

DCEmu Newbie

Personally, it's about damn time they released this. I have six Stamina batteries for my and my wife's PSP's and I'll be glad when I can use them in my slim without having to worry about the battery falling out. (Contrary to what the little note in the Slim pack says, the old batteries work fine in the slim.)

I think it's called a "kit" because they include a battery cover for the slim. That seems to be the only update...
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by tanukikun View Post
    Personally, it's about damn time they released this. I have six Stamina batteries for my and my wife's PSP's and I'll be glad when I can use them in my slim without having to worry about the battery falling out. (Contrary to what the little note in the Slim pack says, the old batteries work fine in the slim.)
    Well, yeah, I kept thinking about the 80% claim for the Slim PSP's. The battery would not actually stick out THAT much so perhaps with a well designed new battery cover I could deal with a slight bulge and a little extra weight on the right side.

I mean an 80% increase in battery life is a very tempting proposal and may be worth the slight inconvenience of a new battery cover.

I still think SONY should design/develop a smaller "Stamina" battery for the Slim PSP's though. With more and more future games being programmed to run at 333MHz the PSP Slim & Lite will eventually need a better battery.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    via pspfanboy

You asked for it ... and now you got it! The PSP Extended Life Battery Kit will work on both the old and new PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 models. This 2200mAh battery will offer 20% more battery life on the older models, and 80% more life on the new slim line. This battery will bulge out slightly on the slimmer PSP systems, so new battery covers will be included. However, those with Star Wars Ceramic White systems are out of luck: doesn't appear a new battery cover is being made for that particular model.

There's no official MSRP and release date yet, but we'll update the post when we get the news.

Screen Via Comments
    This is Pure Cheese!!!! Stupid Sony, this has already been out for a couple years! Quit using Lithium-Ion technology & start flirting with Lithium Polymer technology!!!! I mean, who cares. A 2200mah battery? I use a 2600mah battery in my Phat PSP and it works great. Why downgrade to this "Mickey Mouse" .223 cal of a battery!!! :rofl:

Thread Information