Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about mapthis

Default Questions about mapthis

Ok, I have read the stickied posts and still have some questions. Will this program show me where I am if i have a map with the geodata and a gps receiver? How do I make it do this? Can I use the gps and an address to give me directions for the trip? or so i need to make a trip with the gmld(spelling?) program i used to make the map?

Thanks
    Demongrowl

DCEmu Pro

The whole idea about a GPS program is that it indeed shows you where you are . You only need geodata if you want to lookup a particular street or want to know the nearest street.

MapThis cannot calculate routes from point A to point B (yet), you'll need GMDL or http://getroute.nieko.net/ for this.

Well, i have a map of my area, i have the Geodata for it, and I have the sony gps receiver. This is all on a slim psp 3.71 m33-3. I was getting 3 satilited supposedly. Will the program take me to where i am? is there a command for this? It doesn't do it automaticly, and gps mode is on. Please help

Demongrowl

You need to press a square to activate gps mode.. make sure your gps signal bar is not red (seeing 3 satellites on the gps info screen may not be enough - the signal must be strong enough for the receiver to get a fix - i.e. lock on to those satellites..)

I bought psp gps today. can I use Mapthis with official FW 3.73 ? now im in japan but I couldnt use my gps yet because there is no software in package. please help me to use my new equipment. thank you.

edit:
    sorry.
    i just saw faq.
    im hopeless.
    just got my dream device but cant use it...

DCEmu Regular

You can pandorize your psp to 1.50 and then install 3.72 HX-1 to have almost the same as you have now + extras of homebrew.

You'll only be missing the 3.73 pops psx emu which you can load with edited popsloader....

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    You can pandorize your psp to 1.50 and then install 3.72 HX-1 to have almost the same as you have now + extras of homebrew.

You'll only be missing the 3.73 pops psx emu which you can load with edited popsloader....
    still couldn't get(use) CFW
    btw, pls check your pm box.

I hope to use my GPS.
    it makes me sad to see my dream device lying on the desk without any use

DCEmu Pro

mehmetcan: if you have a slim PSP with official FW, you will need to find someone else who has a fat PSP capable of homebrew. He/she can then downgrade your PSP for you.

thx Nieko,

I'm really trying my best to learn this stuff.
    I read almost every article in this forum.
    but still need to understand stg.
    and ppl's don't like to share much.

I live in Korea for studying,
    I have no friends to help me about PSP
    I have to solve this by myself

and maybe I have to create that battery by hardmod.

my most important 2 problem:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81434

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d=1#post553796

thx, have fun.

hi all hope you can help as ive had fat psp for ages now i got 3.71 m33-3 with 1.50 addon etc now ive got your mapthis program running which looks great but been trying and trying to get the search to work on it to find postcodes/streets etc i live in uk and have tried the geodata uk tab on the map maker but can't get anything to work ahhhhhhhh can anyone help or does it just not support search as yet ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information