Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version 2.00 Firmware being released on July 27th!

DCEmu Newbie

Post Version 2.00 Firmware being released on July 27th!

The Japanese version of the v2.00 firmware is scheduled for release on July 27th, less than a week away according to a report on psp.ign.com.

New features include better video codec playback support from Memory Stick, a web browser (!!!), picture sharing (ad-hoc only), WPA wi-fi security support (excellent!) and a few other nice improvements.

Full details: http://psp.ign.com/articles/635/635505p1.html

Being one of the people that upgraded to 1.51 just before 1.50 got homebrew, I think I'll probably upgrade to v2.00 as soon as it comes out and hope that the popularity of it will focus homebrew attention on trying to get homebrew apps to work on it.

- Odie

Quote Originally Posted by Odie
    The Japanese version of the v2.00 firmware is scheduled for release on July 27th, less than a week away according to a report on psp.ign.com.

New features include better video codec playback support from Memory Stick, a web browser (!!!), picture sharing (ad-hoc only), WPA wi-fi security support (excellent!) and a few other nice improvements.

Full details: http://psp.ign.com/articles/635/635505p1.html

Being one of the people that upgraded to 1.51 just before 1.50 got homebrew, I think I'll probably upgrade to v2.00 as soon as it comes out and hope that the popularity of it will focus homebrew attention on trying to get homebrew apps to work on it.

- Odie
    internet browser?
    they really are trying to get people off homebrew

DCEmu Newbie

Indeed! I'm eager to upgrade since I've not experienced homebrew yet (and therefore I'm not going to miss anything) and there's very little chance anyone's going to be bothered focusing on patching 1.51 or 1.52, it's more likely that the focus will turn to getting homebrew on v2.00 as it is a major release.

Either way, I think this is finally a firmware update worth performing.

What about the white PSP - maybe I'll save my pennies and use that one for 2.0 and keep my black one for homebrews...

More info on the Sony meeting here: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997051360/

DCEmu Newbie

I hope they crack this version. I don't use my home network because of lack of WPA. If only PSP had WPA from the start, like it should've (damn it, I hate you SONY for that) then I could just use vnc. I really really want a web browser. and I really really want homebrew. does anybody know if using a VPN or something will help me with my security conserns with WEP.

PS. I'd like to extend my hate to all game pirates (the ones that pirate current-gen games that are still on store shelves that is) for making companies not just want to but have to discourage homebrew from running on there system. If it wasn't for you companies wouldn't have that great of a case in stoping home brew and therefore would allow it (even if they rather not)

way to go jerks, not only are you stealing, but you're also making it easy for companies to persuade goverments into restricting our freedoms.

bah. eventually a homebrew browser will be created... I have no interest in this update.

^^
    Exactly. Eventually, most if not all of the new features in 2.0 will have a homebrew counterpart.

Wow, they added background customization. Go Sony (for once)! looks likes everyones opinions mattered for a change.

Eh, I'd rather wait for this than a homebrew. At least I know someone is actually working on making the PSP more customizable, even if it is Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo
    Wow, they added background customization. Go Sony (for once)! looks likes everyones opinions mattered for a change.

Eh, I'd rather wait for this than a homebrew. At least I know someone is actually working on making the PSP more customizable, even if it is Sony.
    you can already do most of this + more with homebrew...

tools exist for background changing and media players allow for differant media types to play on the psp (including OGG!) there is no point in blowing off the homebrew scene for somthing like this. most people already know this though... i dont even know why im typing it.

I am aware of this home-brewing, but by the time they get a buggy webbrowser home brew out for the PSP the one in the update is already going to work and be out.

besides, homebrewing CAN mess up your PSP. Why take the risk when you can get features without home-brewing?

besides, I think this contributes too much to opinion and I don't want to start fight over somthing just because of user preferances.

-James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information