Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TYRIAN for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Thank you Deniska!!!! This game rocks!! Installed Tyrian today on my Phat PSP 3.53M33, perfect!
    :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by arlaken View Post
    Just noticed a little thing, is it normal... that some songs play weird in v1.0, maybe i didnt notice them in older versions. The 2 songs I heard that was weird was "Assassin" and "Rock Garden" . Havent check if it was the case for other songs.
    I have downgraded the sound quality to get more cpu juice for the rendering of the game.. It's mostly unnoticeable except for a couple of places..

is it working on 371 m33-2 i want that game it looks great accrding to them. pls help how to install it im noob. thanks

dude i installed it a while ago but when i try it. it cames with a black screen. i try to update the eboot theres also have an error. i want to try the e loader but is it harm my psp or it get me brick? im noob pls help. i got my psp 3 days ago. im using 3.71 m33-2 somebdy can help me? thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Just registered to show some love and affection for deniska for this awesome and long overdue homebrew!

One question, can you activate the Impossible and Suicide difficulty levels somehow (Shift-W, Shift-] in the original game)?

What about the "Wild" detail mode, Destruct minigame and all those other hidden features (see Tyrian @ gamefaqs)?

wild detail mode is definitely working.. (use right trigger to toggle letter entry mode then needed)

You should be able to enter most of the arcade modes the same way.. keystroke combos are not yet supported... I dont see too much demand for it...

Quote Originally Posted by monchito_yeyeye View Post
    dude i installed it a while ago but when i try it. it cames with a black screen. i try to update the eboot theres also have an error. i want to try the e loader but is it harm my psp or it get me brick? im noob pls help. i got my psp 3 days ago. im using 3.71 m33-2 somebdy can help me? thanks
    you should be more specific about what and how you install. So far, i did not hear any complaints about the 1.0 version..

Deniska i really want that game pls help me to work it on my psp slim 3.71 m33-2 my question is if i install an e loader w/ my psp is it harm my psp or not? coz i wanna try to run it by an eloader but im not sure if im gonna do it coz i dont have any idea about an eloader. what thats mean? is it downgrade or not? TIA

DCEmu Newbie

Hello all!

First off, great work deniska and all the people involved in this port!

Now I have a problem. Whenever I start a new full game, either in easy, normal or hard mode, the first level plays at the correct difficulty mode, but the next ones will play at suicide (I think) difficulty. Any idea why this might be happenning? In arcade mode this doesn't happen. I've tried all the episodes in full game and it always happens.

I'm using a Slim with 3.90 M33, and PSP Tyrian 1.0.

Also, I was using 0.7 before and all of this didn't happen.

EDIT: After looking at the code, and doing some "debugging" with CWCheat, I found out that the game is going from the chosen difficulty level to "Nortaneous". Which is the hardest visible in the code...
    Last edited by TheDark; February 17th, 2008 at 16:21.

Been enjoying playing a full episode of Tyrian on my PSP today. A couple of gripes however....

1) Maybe this is a general OpenTyrian related bug, but I've noticed during the shop sequence that the game seems to keep losing memory of what levels your front and rear weapons are at - when you wraparound the list from top and reappear at the bottom, both guns are reset to their initial debut levels and you get your money back (it made me think at first there was some bizarre bug where the game randomly gave me more credits to use). Not a serious problem, but it can be annoying to have to occasionally re-upgrade your weapons back to where they were at initially.

2) Is there any way at all to implement command-line parameter codes? Things like "loot" to give you more cash and "yesxmas" to unlock the Christmas textures mode. These were entered at a command line prompt - it would be nice if there was a way to implement this in the PSP port somehow. Maybe have a little pre-boot menu where you can use the OSK to enter a code (or more) of your choice before properly starting up the game? Just a random suggestion I guess.

Apart from that, everything else is good! PSP seems to handle Wild mode impressively well.

Thread Information