Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TYRIAN for PSP

Bumpity-bumpo.

Is this still going to be worked on in the future I wonder? It seems all ports of OpenTyrian I see materialise get quietly abandoned after one or two versions.

Quote Originally Posted by marzsyndrome View Post
    Been enjoying playing a full episode of Tyrian on my PSP today. A couple of gripes however....

2) Is there any way at all to implement command-line parameter codes? Things like "loot" to give you more cash and "yesxmas" to unlock the Christmas textures mode. These were entered at a command line prompt - it would be nice if there was a way to implement this in the PSP port somehow. Maybe have a little pre-boot menu where you can use the OSK to enter a code (or more) of your choice before properly starting up the game? Just a random suggestion I guess.

Apart from that, everything else is good! PSP seems to handle Wild mode impressively well.
    Xmass textures are already supported - you need to change the calendar to activate them...

Quote Originally Posted by marzsyndrome View Post
    Bumpity-bumpo.

Is this still going to be worked on in the future I wonder? It seems all ports of OpenTyrian I see materialise get quietly abandoned after one or two versions.
    I'll look in to the latest SVN changes in the opentyrian code and if there are significant bug fixes - I'll merge them in to PSP version..

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Xmass textures are already supported - you need to change the calendar to activate them...
    LOL, I was hoping it'd be possible to unlock them without having to physically change the system date on my PSP every time - the Windows port allows a shortcut - but oh well.

And thanks for responding!

thanks so much for this! I'm having lots of fun.

now if only someone ported commander keen to psp I'd bet set :>

^PSP Dosbox.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I'll look in to the latest SVN changes in the opentyrian code and if there are significant bug fixes - I'll merge them in to PSP version..
    There have been quite a few. There's also internet play support in OpenTyrian via command line but I'm not sure how you'd set the PSP up to do it.

First of all, thanks a lot to Deniska for porting OpenTyrian to PSP. It's really awesome to be able to play Tyrian anywhere, and the game runs great.

Are you planning to develop Tyrian 2000 for PSP? This version included Episode 5 (which doesn't appear to be in the current release of your OpenTyrian port)

Also one minor bug I've noticed. When going to the weapons menu, the weapons seem to be automatically downgraded to level 1 when browsing. It's not a critical issue. If you press Triangle (or the cancel button you've designated) it exits fine without resetting the weapon level, but going to the bottom exit option resets the weapon to the lowest level.

marzsyndrome noted this bug on the last post of page 13 (post #130)

the bug that you describing is probably fixed in the latest snapshot of OpenTyrian source code... I'll try to update the PSP port whenever I find time..

I know this is old but...I'm assuming Tyrian for PSP has been dropped for updates, correct?

The OpenTyrian guys seem have to come to a bit of a standstill on the Classic source. Hasn't been that many updates on it recently.

They seem to mainly be focusing on the Enhanced version.

Thread Information