Thread: NES PC up for auction, emulation addicts rejoice

Blog Entries

General games NES PC up for auction, emulation addicts rejoice

Yeah, the NES PC is old hat, but if you just can't find the time to create one for yourself, why not pay some diligent soul for their hard work rather than living another month without one? Available via eBay, this finely crafted piece of art won't crank through any of the latest PC titles, but it comes with plenty of horsepower (and peripherals) to handle all the emulation you can stand. Granted, Americans will have to fork over additional coinage to have it shipped in from France, but flooring a room full of nerds at your forthcoming holiday bash will most certainly make it worthwhile.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/04/n...dicts-rejoice/

I've seen these before; I've thought about building one myself. They're pretty cool!

Brings me back to the Good ole Days.

that thing looks awesome

so how is the hardware on it?

Only 1GHZ of CPU, 256 MB of RAM, 40 GB harddrive, and comes with controllers. It uses emulation for NES, SNES, N64 and PS1, but PS2 controllers will be delivered with it. No PS2 emulation (obviously). However whats nice about this is that it still maintains the original controller ports without ripping out the originals and putting in usb ports, instead there is an adapter that plugs into the nes controller slot, and then you can plug in whichever controller you want becuase it comes with all seperate adapters for each controller. The guy that made this is french, so the version of windows thats installed on this is Windows XP Family edition (well actually i dunno what the word is, i think its family in english, youd have to watch the video im gonna post on this) So it looks really cool and definitly worth a buy if youre a hardcore oldschool gamer, or just plain like the idea of a computer in an NES Case.

Heres the video:

DCEmu Newbie

Looks like the video is a bit misleading... If you look towards the end of it, when he's doing the Mario 64 demonstration, you will see he has his laptop hooked up to the TV. Now, I don't know whether this means the case is actually entirely empty of any real nuts and bolts, and this is a hoax, or he just needs to use a laptop to hook it up to a TV.

If the latter, well, that makes it sorta less cool, if you can't just hook it up to a TV. Of course, if the former, then this guy's just a big con artist.

He might be using the laptop to convert to his TV because as far as I can tell the port he has on it is just a monitor plug. His laptop probably has S-Video out, which many do now days. That way he can run it to his TV through the laptop. It would be nice to directly connect to the TV though.

This is a fake.
    look at 4.29 it shoes the exact mario 64 on his laptop
    at the same as hes moving on his n64 pad.

well i pulled the video from the site this was originally posted at, and it looks genuine to me anyways, you can always view things through the laptop with the right cords.

Thread Information