Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Sword sequel gossip

ps3 Heavenly Sword sequel gossip

via Eurogamer

Those of you hoping Sony and Ninja Theory plan to revisit Heavenly Sword would have been encouraged by a launch event for Andy Serkis' new games industry networking organisation Games Eden on Wednesday, where a spokesperson for Ninja Theory repeatedly and perhaps revealingly referred to the developer's only PS3 project to date as "Heavenly Sword 1".

It's not the first hint we've had that Ninja Theory plans to make more than one Heavenly Sword game. Earlier this year, co-founder Tameem Antoniades said in a podcast that the original idea had been a "three-game story", and that the second phase of that is already written. Indeed, that there was "no reason why there shouldn't be a sequel".

Heavenly Sword - one of your favourite PS3 games to judge by the reader ratings on our gamepage - is an action game that follows red-haired fighter Nariko in a big old battle against naughty evildoers, upon whom she unloads quite a lot of spiffy and well-framed violence in glorious detail, and with good cut-scenes - to which Andy Serkis (of first paragraph fame, not to mention Eurogamer TV Show fame) obviously contributed.

I rented Heavenly Sword and i didn't care for it. The story itself is just stupid. The so called bad guy is half retarded, and his assistants along with him. Comebacks from serpant woman like "It's so much better when your angry." And let's not forget birdman. Kind of reminds me of Spider-Man. And you got that little cat girl that can't focus on anything. The whole charactor set just sucks. The best thing about this game is the graphics. It deserves about a 3 or 4.

How could you not like this game? I thought the aftertouch feature was pretty cool once you figure out how to work it properly.

too bad they are not making it for 360

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    too bad they are not making it for 360
    Not really. A cheap imitation of God of War will never win in my books. You can tell that from my minviews.

There is no equal to God of War, and all the pathetic attempts just mock its greatness.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Not really. A cheap imitation of God of War will never win in my books. You can tell that from my minviews.

There is no equal to God of War, and all the pathetic attempts just mock its greatness.
    Heavenly Sword was in development since 2003, 2 years before God of War launched. So if anything, God of War is a copy of Heavenly Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    Heavenly Sword was in development since 2003, 2 years before God of War launched. So if anything, God of War is a copy of Heavenly Sword.
    Apparently any game that looks or feels anything like God of War is a cheap ripoff of it. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm-Death View Post
    Apparently any game that looks or feels anything like God of War is a cheap ripoff of it. =(
    Basically. Beowulf, Conan, Spiderman-FoF, because of God of War's sheer awesomeness these guy's have tried (and failed) to make a game as good as God of War, but they try to use the same formula that God of War made popular. So, if anything, I'm sad that God of War III isn't coming out for 360, not heavenly Sword.

Heavenly sword took that long to get a 7 out of 10? Yeesh.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Basically. Beowulf, Conan, Spiderman-FoF, because of God of War's sheer awesomeness these guy's have tried (and failed) to make a game as good as God of War, but they try to use the same formula that God of War made popular. So, if anything, I'm sad that God of War III isn't coming out for 360, not heavenly Sword.

Heavenly sword took that long to get a 7 out of 10? Yeesh.
    It was originally being developed as an Xbox exclusive so I suppose thats the reason.

And besides the God of War series is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Studios Santa Monica, so there will be a cold day in hell when it ever reaches the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    And besides the God of War series is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Studios Santa Monica, so there will be a cold day in hell when it ever reaches the 360.
    I know. And that is where my selling point is for the PS3. I'm just annoyed its marked as "TBA" with no screens or anything on any site i go to.

I see the reason behind the first part now too. The coding for Xbox1 and PS3 are practically spectrum ends, so maybe it wasn't just lack that caused it to get a 7/10 this time around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information