Thread: Batman DOOM DS

Blog Entries

NDS Batman DOOM DS

News from Xdelusion:

I am not sure that my Star Wars project for the Nintendo DS will be finished in time for Christmas. I have a lot of work done, but recently found that the DS port of PrBOOM is not friendly to translucent walls, 3D floors, which my maps were full of. As it happens when you get close to a translucent window, the game slows to a crawl. If you so much as have a 3D floor within your line of sight the game also slows to a crawl, thus I am going to have to alter a number of things in many of my maps and perhaps reduce there size. Needless to say I wanted to release something for the holidays which is when Batman DOOM came to mind.

All you need to know about this classic Total Conversion can be found on the links below. This is not my own project, my only contribution is merging the TC into FreeDOOM which means you DO NOT need to own a copy of DOOM or DOOM II to play this. Merely copy the files onto the root of your Memory Card, launce Batman DOOM.NDS and you should be up and running.
    I've not played through this on the DS, so if you experience any problems feel free to contact me on my site listed at the bottom of this text. If you report errors, BE SURE to be as specific as possible. I'll need to know what level you were on, what weapon you were using, and what was going on at the time of the crash or what ever.

http://starwarslegacy.net/NDS.aspx - Download via that url

Don't works !!

Yeah works great, THX man.

Yeah, good idea, but I had trouibles with my R4 - just flips to a black screen after choosing "standard game" on the menu thingy.

Which is odd, as plain old vanilla-doom works fine...

I have a M3 Simply which is pretty much the same thing as an R4. My 1st guess would be to make sure your software is up to date, other than that I'm not really sure what's up. I'm currently having major slow down issues with Level 4, but I guess that's just the DS' resources getting low?

Yet somehow I can play Quake, go figure. :/

Thread Information