Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 Firmware for download

Default 2.0 Firmware for download

I just read on the official PSP webpage from Sony that the 2.0 firmware will be available for download and WE DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE WHITE ONE.
    The upgrade will be posted on the webpage on July. 27th (5 days) for all you who want to or are debating this update. Hopefully those intelligent hackers out there will stop trying to crack 1.51 and 1.52 because there a waste of time and give the system nothing! If you have a 1.51 or 1.52 I'd just upgrade to 2.00 it may take you further from Homebrew but at least you have cool other specs to entertain you while you wait and im sure hackers will tend to focus more on 2.0 than the other 1.51 and 1.52 because there less in demand and 2.0 will be. I wish you all the best of luck in your deciding of what to do.

If your favorite PSP game doesnt require you upgrade, then dont. end of story. Getting a web browser or chat isnt worth loosing my mario tennis. Plus im pretty sure somebody will brew one, let alone a better one than sony would produce (thats putting a lot of faith in the coders out there ).

2.0 firm ware is not a big deal especailly since you can pretty much have web browser using wipe out pure like i did the only way i could see this being some what worth it is if it supports java games like runescape for exsample and mini clip.com games

Did you post a topic just like this one, or is it just me.

First, I assume all hackers are going to work on 2.00, so just go for it. I wouldn't spend $40-$50 just to get on the internet when I could get it free, unless you like wipeout of course.

I'll just listen to what people have to say when this comes out and if its worth downloading then I just might do it.

DCEmu Newbie

Yep they will hack the 2.0 and we will be happy with it. Untill then stay with the 1.5 or 1.0.

I'm staying with 1.5, If the new games require the upgrade... well, too bad a lot of people will not buy them.

Yeah, the hacking scene is really awesome guys but dont forget that the whole purpose of this system is to play video games. I would personally upgrade if it was required with most games because you do realize were going to have to get rid of our 1.5's sooner or later, right!? The whole point of this system is to play video games. If you want to play NES, SNES, NeoGeo, PC games, etc. etc. than go play them on the consul. I'm not insulting the hacking scene I very much like it myself but the whole point of this system is to play UMD's and download music, movies and photos as well.

You will have to upgrade sooner or later (unless you plan on spending nearly $550 on two systems; one for 1.5 and the other to keep up with the updates. Is it really worth it THAT much though? think about it.

I was thinking about something...
    Is it possible that someone could make a homebrew firmware?
    did someone mentioned it before?
    It would end everyone's problems...

sorry if i talk $#@!, I understand nothing about homebrew, I just have a notion of what it is... :P

Can someone give me a clear, bulletted list of what the new update's new features are? Also, will any of the features cost a fee to use?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information