Thread: Current Homebrew Dreamcast Developments

Default Current Homebrew Dreamcast Developments

Are there any developments happening at the moment.. Im going to buy a coders cable soon, and mod my dreamcast up. Just wondering if I will be all alone in making the best homebrew games.. (joke), but seriously..

Hello?

I don't know about free homebrew games coming soon. All I see coming, or at least announced, are commercial homebrew games (Donk, by Cryptic Allusion Games; Age Of the Beast and Rush Rush Rally Racing, by Senile Team; Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles and Dalforce by redspotgames)

I know of at least Giana's Return.

Thats still good to here, once i get my import chip for Dreamcast, ill be supporting the new releases by buying them. Thanks for the info.

Uh, you shouldn't have to do all that.

Apparently, Alicedreams is good.

DCEmu Rookie

I know of at least Giana's Return.
    Is there like an origanal of this sound's like a sequel type Game.
    -
    Thats still good to here, once i get my import chip for Dreamcast, ill be supporting the new releases by buying them. Thanks for the info.
    for what? Commercial Homebrew? They are on CD-Rs! And i don't think they are region protected. However you will need some mod if the bottom of your console says, "MANUFACTURED: November 2000" i think thats when they stopped CD-R Booting. because Before or in 10\00 they still booted GDR

No need for a modchip to play CD-Rs. The one and only reason to mod your Dreamcast is to play imported GD-ROMs.

@dcdood: Regarding the hardware revisions that don't boot from CD-Rs: only some of the North-American consoles from December 2000 are affected; not even all of them.

Thread Information