Thread: What can you do with cusom firmware/homebrew?

DCEmu Newbie

Default What can you do with cusom firmware/homebrew?

I recently got a psp but in my excitement to try some new games i upgraded it without knowing i would shut myself out of homebrew.

I dont know anyone with a psp so i will probally have to wait for a 3.72 downgrader.

i have a few questions for if i should care since i will probally have to get another psp to do it.

Also i dont need instruction just word if its possible

1. can you run umd games from the memory card?
    - dont need roms but if there is a way to download ones from my psp via the usb would be nice

2. can custom firmware shop on the online store or acess it through a ps3?

3. is there a site that lists emulators for the psp and rates them?
    - dont need roms just know if the emulators are any good

1_ Yes, you can run games from your memory stick.

3_ Check the lists in the left http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

What can you do??
    Don't you mean what CAN'T you do?
    There are so many things that can be done with custom firmware it's amazing.

BTW, you don't need to wait for a downgrader.
    All you need to do is buy a spare battery, open it up and remove a pin from the EEPROM on the top and run a program on your computer.

Here's a guide on how to do it:
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ny/battery.jpg
    To open the battery, stick something in the crack along the side and pop it open.

Then, do this, but ignore the part about converting the battery, because you already did that.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552549

DCEmu Newbie

Default battery

what batteries can i use?

i remember there being a list somewhere.

I just dont want to spend $40 on a battery just to destroy it. if there is a way to do it that is reversable or a cheep battery to use for it that i dont have to worry about battery life of it.

DCEmu Newbie

Default battery

why should you care about buying a battery!! When you get custom firmware on it, it allows you to play free games that costs about $30 each!! And so much more, thats a cheap price for that Go here to see a list of compatible and uncompatible batteries- http://forums.**********.net/showthr...hlight=battery

Where the *********** type m.a.x.c.o.n.s.o.l.e there is some kind of block stopping it, so replace the ** with that and do it without the period between each letter, stupid word blocking, why would that website be word blocked???

DCEmu Newbie

mainly because i dont know anyone else with a psp so the extra battery wouldnt do me much good untill i found someone or if they realeased a 3.72 downgrader and with this pandora thing i dont see it happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zach5555 View Post
    why should you care about buying a battery!! When you get custom firmware on it, it allows you to play free games that costs about $30 each!! And so much more, thats a cheap price for that Go here to see a list of compatible and uncompatible batteries- http://forums.**********.net/showthr...hlight=battery

Where the *********** type m.a.x.c.o.n.s.o.l.e there is some kind of block stopping it, so replace the ** with that and do it without the period between each letter, stupid word blocking, why would that website be word blocked???
    It's blocked because that website is useless. They are trying to copy us, but they are not good enough.

DCEmu Newbie

I have an old (read: original) battery here that won't power my psp, i.e. says fully charged, but with no power to it. Can that be used as a 'Pandora's Battery'?

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    It's blocked because that website is useless. They are trying to copy us, but they are not good enough.
    Haha yeah, dcemu is the best :thumbup:

Thread Information