Thread: PSPupdates...whats going on at this site?

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSPupdates...whats going on at this site?

I've been there for a few weeks and thought hey...I'll help some people there and make some SND0.at3 music files for emulators. I try to upload them and I can't? some stupid so called "Premium Service" what the hell is this crap all about!? I thought all the emu sites were all freeware. I just tried to help some gamers out and this crap happens.

I am not going back to that site=crap again.

Blog Entries

yes its sad that they are exploiting their own members when they make enough off ads to pay for servers etc.

ads aside because no site with lots of visitors can do it for free, but that has site multiple popups and the premium thing.

why pay when u can and should get things for free

Blog Entries

btw anyone can upload legitamate psp software here

Question silly question time

lets just say that people or person-x is very pleased with dcemu. and wants to help this place as much as one person could. how could the average person help contribute? . Im working my mind into a frenzy to figure out how to code so I can contrubute in that fassion. but in the mean time lets say that somone was very instered in being as helpful and supportive as possible to this site. what could person-x do to help Dcemu?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    yes its sad that they are exploiting their own members when they make enough off ads to pay for servers etc.

ads aside because no site with lots of visitors can do it for free, but that has site multiple popups and the premium thing.

why pay when u can and should get things for free
    I know right.

Thanks for being understanding Wraggster

PSPUpdates...hmmm theirs just something not right about that site?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    btw anyone can upload legitamate psp software here
    Thanks.

At least theirs some sites that are still cool.

Wow, the site administrator has facts wrong about PSPUpdates...

Quote Originally Posted by Wraggster
    The site does not make enough money from the ads to support it fully. The premium member "donations" do not go all towards the site, they go towards free giveaways. PSPU has also cut-down on their ads to help with user complaints.

PSPUpdates's Premium Member service does not take anything away from already existing users, the still have the same privledges as they did when they first joined the site.

Remember: Get facts straight before posting against a well-liked community, it is because of posts like these, that sites are ruined.

Blog Entries

Right up until about 5 weeks ago pspupdates had only the google ads and those bloody rubbish popups in between the downloads and the horrid interpopups when u click a site link.

then all of a sudden there was banners and popups galore, then a couple of weeks later lo and behold you can remove them with "premium" membership.

Now from what ive heard the site pays 3 or 4 blokes to get round the clock news so it is always close to the top on news (yet doesnt employ a decent writer itself :P)

Apart from the tax implications there, they are paying people to search for FREE homebrew and emulation news.

This free giveaways and money off is complete tosh too as we well know that the sites you get discounts on are owned by the same person.

You damn well are making enough to pay for the server and people here on this forum have proved it and if your making enough to pay 3/4 people to post and search for news then your making a hell of a lot.

PSPUpdates is exploiting the very members it has got and using others to post on forums where people are angry about it to keep the site in the good books.

PSPUpdates is a nice site but the premium rubbish and exploitation in more ways than one ruins the site and scars the scene.

Blog Entries

at the end of the day the members are being robbed and its sad to see news and forums that should be free exploited by greedy bastards who are leeching on scenes.

Thread Information