Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Magic PSP Station - Magic the Gathering comes to PSP

Stupid me forgot to add a line in the decks stating how many lines total. For those of you who want them, but don't want to redownload, just go into the decks and add 40 to the top of P3 and P2, and 35 to the top of P1 decks.
    Portal
    Portal Second Age
    Portal Three Kingdoms

And for itrush07. You can make it smaller yourself by making the cards smaller. The only problem is that it is harder to see, and thus to play. I use the best cards I can find, thus bigger file size. Just get a batch img converter and make them smaller, but only the img's in the "CARD" folder.

Am working on 5th edition and revised.. may take me a while tho

UPDATE

+Move your sets to MPS\sets like this:
    MPS\sets\10E
    MPS\sets\LR
    MPS\sets\P3
    MPS\sets\RAV
    etc
    +Move your decks to MPS\decks like this:
    MPS\decks\10E
    MPS\decks\LR
    MPS\decks\P3
    MPS\decks\RAV
    etc
    with the same 3 letter code as the set.

LINK: MPS beta 1.02

-name.dat files must be fixed
    +lands must be renamed to:
    Forest (1)
    Forest (2)
    Forest (3)
    Forest (4)
    Mountain (1)
    Mountain (2)
    etc. etc.
    +card names in database files must precisely match those in Magic Workstation database (previous MPS were restricted to only 27 character names for cards)
    +most of these changes have been made but some further adjustment of the name.dat files may be necessary

LINK: Updated name.dat files for MPS beta 1.02 and higher

Note: installing the latest MWS database will get you all but the newest MWS precon decks. Here are the Lorwyn MWS decks thanks to weapon33!

Side note: I think putting more than 100 of a single card in a deck would cause a read error, due to the way the lines of the mwdeck format are interpreted. I don't consider it an issue though. If you find yourself wanting to put 100 of the same card into a deck, you need to reevaluate you your deck strategy, lol. ^___^ Also, don't try adding a sideboard yet.

UPDATE

+1.01: allow multiple sets installed at once
    +1.02: load Magic Workstation format decks
    +1.02: allow multiple decks installed at once
    +1.03: load sideboard (in MWS decks)
    +1.03: better MWS deck compatibility
    +1.04: set and decks load from set.dat
    +1.04: allow both MPS and MPW deck loading
    +1.05: choose set and decks at run time
    +1.05: loads player names from config.dat

LINK: MPS beta 1.05

Note: To use this update, you must have sets organized to the sets folder, decks organized to the decks folder, and set names updated to MPS 1.02+ format. See previous posts for details.
    Last edited by dark420bishop; December 20th, 2007 at 08:18.
    Author: Magic PSP Station, VideopSpy, JaPSPanese, PSP Submenu Icon Injector (outdated), ...

I haven't been mentioning new sets explicitly but here's an update to you let you know 3 more sets have been added. Also, check out MPS 1.05 beta if you haven't already, you will be pleasantly surprised by the updates.

Ravnica - weapon33 (1.00)
    4th edition - weapon33 (1.02+)
    9th edition - Anonymouse (1.02+)

LINK: User Content Share Folder

UPDATE

+ official MWS theme sounds (thanks again to Malhavoc)
    + new line in config.dat sets sound on/off

LINK: MPS beta 1.06

Warning: I had to rearrange nearly all of the code to implement sounds. This introduces the possibilities for many new bugs to pop up. If you have any problems, just go back to 1.05 and PM me with the details of the bug you found.

Note: To use this update, you must have sets organized to the sets folder, decks organized to the decks folder, and set names updated to MPS 1.02+ format. See previous posts for details.

UPDATE

Updated Installation Instructions

Overview
    (1) Install the MPS program.
    (2) Install an MPS theme.
    (3) Install sets and decks desired.
    (4) Install the set updates file.

Step 1. Download and install the program. Copy MPS directory and all of its contents to your choice of GAME directory, depending on your flavor of firmware. Program files may be found here:
    Note: MPS themes and card sets are not distributed with MPS for legal reasons. You must download them separately. All additional required files can be found in the MPS User Content Share Folder.

Step 2. Download and install the theme. The avatar images may be customized. The image must be 34 by 34 pixels and saved in PNG format. Your avatar should be named myAvatar.png and your opponent's should be named opAvatar.png.

MPS User Content Share Folder (link)
    * Malhavoc's Post 8th MPS theme

Copy theme to \MPS\data\ directory.

Step 3. Download and install the sets and decks you want. The deck update contains MWS format decks for all current MPS sets.

* 4th edition
    * Portal
    * Portal, Second Age
    * Portal, Three Kingdoms
    * 9th edition
    * 10th edition
    * Ravnica
    * Lorwyn

Copy set files to the \MPS\sets\ directory like so:
    MPS\sets\10E
    MPS\sets\LRW
    MPS\sets\RAV
    etc. etc. using the same 3 letter abbreviation used in MWS.
    * Decks update
    Copy decks to \MPS\decks\ like so:
    MPS\decks\10E
    MPS\decks\LRW
    MPS\decks\RAV
    etc. etc. with the same 3 letter abbraviation as the set.
    Step 4. Download and install the set files update. Many sets' database files have not been updated for use with the latest version of MPS, so to be safe it's recommended that you install the set files update last. This also allows for the quick fix of any set typos or mistakes.
    Last edited by dark420bishop; February 18th, 2008 at 02:28.
    Author: Magic PSP Station, VideopSpy, JaPSPanese, PSP Submenu Icon Injector (outdated), ...

DCEmu Newbie

HELP, missing files...
    I have Magic MPS loaded and the 4E set, but when I launch it, it is asking for additional files in the following directory...

.../DATA/GRAPHICS/xxx.PNG
    SPLASH.PNG
    BACK.PNG
    HAND.PNG
    ect...

Can anyone help me out,
    TIA,
    z

Quote Originally Posted by zcott View Post
    HELP, missing files...
    I have Magic MPS loaded and the 4E set, but when I launch it, it is asking for additional files in the following directory...
    Reread the directions in the first post. Sounds like your forgot to install a theme.

Update: I have horrible news. Due to a hard drive failure, I've lost all of the source code for every version of MPS except the very first. I've tried running data recovery programs on the drive with no luck. Before I can make any improvements on the current state of the program, I have to rewrite a huge amount of code. Due to this and my upcoming graduation, the MPS project is now indefinitely on hold. I don't plan on giving up but at the same time, I don't know when I will have time or how long it will take me to rebuild MPS. I'm sorry, guys.
    Last edited by dark420bishop; April 27th, 2008 at 18:31.

DCEmu Newbie

dark420bishop, sorry to revive this old thread, but did you completely give up on this project?
    I'm looking for C++ Devs for my own MTG implementation (Wagic) and thought you might be interested to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by frwololo View Post
    dark420bishop, sorry to revive this old thread, but did you completely give up on this project?
    I'm looking for C++ Devs for my own MTG implementation (Wagic) and thought you might be interested to join us?
    Thank you very much for the offer, but lately I haven't had time to work on my own projects. I don't have time to take on anything new at this point. Thank you, though.

i do realize this is a very VERY old thread, but i googled the CRAP out of this, and this is the only lead i could find on playing Magic on my PSP. if the wonderful person that designed this, would put up working links, just one more time. if it worked, i'd appreciate it alot.
    or anyone that can point me in the right direction of a working MTG card game like this. please help.

Holy god, just use wagic

www.wololo.net/wagic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information