Thread: Motion kit driver announcement

Blog Entries

psp Motion kit driver announcement

News from Raphael`s Devblog

If you wonder where the last announced releases are, well, the effort with the motion kit driver was unexpectedly higher and kept me busy the last week. However, I am now in the state to do the final testing and polish on the motion kit driver before I roll it out to everyone. After that I will finish up JoySens 1.4 and release that as well.

Together with the motion kit driver, I will release a small SDK that allows developers to make use of the driver for their own homebrew creations. This guarantees that an already installed driver by the user will not interfere with the homebrews own implementation of the motion kit communication and allows the developer to influence the drivers behaviour. For the developers, that already want to start developing a game for the motion kit and want to be compatible with the driver on it’s release, you can find the header for the motion kit driver library here.

For the end-users, the first release of the motion kit driver will allow you to make some basic input through the motion kit to any of your homebrew or UMD games, without them having to be specially programmed for that. This will be achieved by forwarding the motion kit input to user specified buttons of the PSP, so the homebrew/UMD game is just handling the normal inputs. Also, those buttons can be adjusted in a configuration file per homebrew/UMD.
    Also, the driver will be able to track plugging the motion kit in and out at any time and is even compatible with inserting the headphone remote, so you can at any time change the motion kit support for headphones, even in game. However, the first release will probably not yet contain a fix for the sound output problem, since I still haven’t found a viable solution to this. I’m still working on reverse engineering Sonys remote driver code to find a possible software solution that will be compatible with normal headphones/remote being plugged in.

great to know that it's going to be possible for developers to add motion to their games . its the Playtendo PSDS!
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

DS User

It would be a cool addition to any Loco Roco fan out there.

I'd like to see this included in luaplayer,might spur more lua coding.

Thread Information