Thread: Protect-me v3.0

Blog Entries

psp Protect-me v3.0

News/release from Maxthebest

Hi, here is the third version of my homebrew protect-me. This homebrew enables you to protect your PSP with a password.

Here are the changelogs since version 2.0:

-PSP SLIM and lite now supported (and so is the HX firmware)
    -Added a new function: a historic: it registers in PSP/SYSTEM/hist.txt the day and hour when you logged in and if the password was accepted or not (and if it wasn't accepted, it tells you what the "thief" typed as a password.
    -Now, even if there is no password set, the prx works and writes the connection times in the hist.txt file
    -You can now go from "a" to "z" directly.
    -In the XMB, press square to accept (to avoid launching the umd by pressing cross...)

For the installation, everything is explained in the readme, which I quote for you here:

Installation:
    -Unzipp to ms root
    -Add "ms0:/seplugins/password.prx" to the file named "vsh.txt" located under seplugins
    -Activate the prx via the recovery menu
    -And if you want to set a password, laiunch PMInstaller via games under the XMB.

And that's it, your psp is now protected with a password and you have a historic of every switch on of the psp under PSP/SYSTEM/hist.txt

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Give me a little background info on how to change the pass. I'm looking at the word 'password' on the screen and I can change the letters. I'm assuming this will be my new password. Am I right? Can it be anything less than 8 digits? I followed every step very closely, but password.prx is not showing up in Plugins. Yes I put it in the right spot, yes I correctly put the name in the txt, but it isn't going in.

Thread Information