Thread: Using Official Firmware for ISOs, Random Ideas

Default Using Official Firmware for ISOs, Random Ideas

well Im no developer, so I dont really know what Im talking about entirely, but maybe if I throw some ideas out here, maybe you actual developers might come on to something its worth a shot.

So I thought that Id just update this topic everynow and then, with some of my useless ideas.

1.Now within the umd is an iso, so what makes it so different so with simple logic youd think that loading that same data through something different like a memory stick wouldnt matter.

Not only that I was thinking of how game demoes are able to be read just fine through a stick.

Well what if a psp iso were to be read as demo instead of a umd game?

Would it be capable of loading? Would it actually trick the psp into thinking that its just a demo?

2. Another thought is this, There are protection on alot of material, Im aware of this, but I recently found a way to bypass some protection on the kh game discs in order to rip more audio files from it. I was able to get nearly all the voices and effects for sora and other characters. As well as the cutscenes

Is there anyway to find what line of code or data is protecting the cd/umd?

1 when using umd the psp reads a sector of disk which holds boot information for that game which cant be dumped same as demo's.

2. not a wannabe mod you need to read the rules strictly no iso talk as piracy of any sort even if you own the game cant be discused.

Thread Information