Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 details leaked

Blog Entries

Default Resident Evil 5 details leaked

We already know from yesterday's article that Jun Takeuchi (of Street Fighter 2 and Onimusha fame) will be at the helm. But we also now know that the game will star past Resident Evil hero Chris Redfield, and that the title will definitely be set in a South American country, though a fictitious one. Capcom has also confirmed that the majority of the game's environments will be far more open-plan than anything previously seen in a franchise that has almost become defined by its claustrophobic use of space and narrow corridors.

Enemies have been given a makeover, and are now said to be more intelligent than the usual fodder that litters Resident Evil games (though PALGN reckons Resident Evil 4's villagers were rather efficient). There'll also be hundreds of the buggers, all encircling you in a bid to bite off a chunk of your neck. Oh, and they'll 'speak a strange language'. Finally, heat is going to play a central role in the experience - apparently, players will need to stop off in caves to cool down and avoid the harsh sunlight that features throughout the game if they want to progress.

It's looking good then, and Capcom seems confident that the game is going to be a success, modestly proclaiming that Resident Evil 5 will 'revolutionise the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control,' though if we had a penny for every time we'd heard that from a game publisher, we'd probably be able to buy Capcom.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awsome stuff, to bad the wait will be forever. Its good to see old Chris back as the main character maybe he'll finish off Wesker in this one. Any other Resident Evil Fans at DCEmu?

DCEmu Newbie

This topic's getting old! But yes,I am Resident evil lover since the first!
    Maybe that Wesker will eventually kill chris at last in that one ;-)

lol who ever kills who im just happy its coming. Any narrowing down on the release date yet?

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

one of the main reasons i want either a ps3 or a 360, but i can't decide which one will be worth it. but it looks like it would be sweet to play resident evil with the 360 controller, looks like it was made for that game...

lol...You're so right about that last paragraph, Wraggs...That's been said since Resident Evil Remake was put out...Thay also said it with RE Zero and RE 4...looks like somebody at Capcom keeps pushing the same old-ass promotional line from the dusty cabinet....anyway, I'm getting a new home console system of preference depending on where this game turns out to shine more, since I'm a sucker for Capcom's games...That, or a Jill sandwich.

Bringing back old topics are we? xD
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

Don't look at me, Malks...lol...I just saw this on the main page and thought it was new.

awesome a new resident evil, after beationg the fourth onne about 4 times and unlocking everything, i cant wait for this one

Lol, this is OLD news! BTW, i just want RE5 to be on the Wii...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information