Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Firmware 2.10 released!

DCEmu Old Pro

Default PS3 Firmware 2.10 released!

source: exophase

Remember the rumored PS3 update complete with DivX support? It's been released! However, with regards to DivX files, there's a couple of snags:

• The DivX files cannot be over 2.00 GB
    • You cannot play copyrighted DivX files

At first glance you may think "OMG THAT SUCKS" - but most DivX files aren't copy protected. As for the 2.00 GB limit - If you do have a file over that, why not chop it up into pieces

But wait there's more! In a unexpected move, Sony has pulled another rabbit out of the hat - WMV support! Along with Blu-ray profile 1.1, and a voice changing function, this looks to be a nice update

Full change log below:

Voice Changer feature:

• You can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.

Music

• You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3 system to enhance audio playback.

Video

• DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played.
    • Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported.
    • [BD Data Utility] has been added.

The update is available (as always) through network update, or a link to the download HERE

Edit: Other (undocumented) changes:

[list][*]Video previews now play when sorted into folders.[*]The background/wave is visible behind the web bowser.[*]A new music visualizer has been added.[*]PSone titles [disc and download] are now playable through remote play. [PSP 3.80 update may be required, although there have been reports of it working with 3.72, or 3.71 M33 with the 3.72 premo plugin.]
    Last edited by Cloudhunter; December 20th, 2007 at 18:10.

I cant seem to download the file fast on the ps3 or the link.

Im on 6mb broadband, so should me getting speeds at like 580kbps, but instead im getting 7.8kbps on the link, and the ps3 seems to drop the download about 2 hours into it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Update the feature list with:

Confirmed:
    Video previews now play when sorted into folders.

The background/wave is visible behind the web bowser.

A new music visualizer has been added.

PSone titles [disc and download] are now playable through remote play. [PSP 3.80 update may be required]

Exclamation Divx Support cool but ...

Divx Support cool but ...
    is it support subtitles too ? most of you wishing that I guess

Also dont forget that this update blocks the RSX exploit which allowed limited RSX access in linux.

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15 View Post
    Also dont forget that this update blocks the RSX exploit which allowed limited RSX access in linux.
    As of yet, it's not clear whether it was intentional or unintentional - It broke alot of "clean" linux kernels also.

Cloudy

It's been suggested that Sony is getting ready for an official graphics driver. The RSX exploit is broken because they increased the GPU command buffer size to be at least 2 MiB large.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    It's been suggested that Sony is getting ready for an official graphics driver. The RSX exploit is broken because they increased the GPU command buffer size to be at least 2 MiB large.
    Actually, that just broke frame-buffer access. RSX is broken in another way.

Cloudy

Actually i just played a 3GB DivX file so the 2GB thing isnt true

I just got a PS3 for Christmas, and am very interested in DiVX playback. Before I update my firmware to take advantage if these new features, I wanted to get some opinions here...

I have not been following the PS3 scene very closely... is a homebrew exploit breakthrough close to fruition or is that outlook pretty bleak? I suppose I can just stick to my PSP for homebrew, but would definitely like to play emulators on the big screen using my PS3 if it is at all possible.

Also, has anyone tried playing HDTV .ts files after installing the 2.10 update? .ts streams currently have no sound, unless you remux them at a lower bitrate or something. Anyone had any luck with the new FW, or have an easy method to make the .ts files work properly on the PS3?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information