Microsoft is banking on EA’s Titanfall to help Xbox One fight back against PS4.
The Xbox and PC shooter was available as a beta to gamers this week, and has received significant praise from critics and fans. As a result, retailers have told MCV that there’s been a ‘dramatic spike’ in Titanfall interest, with The Hut Group reporting a 30 per cent surge in pre-orders.
It comes at a crucial time for Xbox One, which continues to trail PlayStation 4 in the UK, and the gap is widening each week.
“Titanfall is something new, impactful and a game that I’ve never seen before,” Xbox VP Phil Harrison told MCV previously. “So I am very confident that this is going to be a big, big system seller. Every generation sees a new IP explode in a powerful way, and right now I would say Titanfall has a big chance.”
EA and Xbox are now teaming up on what is expected to be the biggest marketing campaign of the year so far for an individual video game.
Titanfall will receive a triple-A TV campaign over its launch on March 14th, accompanied by a ‘highly targeted’ cinema push. This is on top of major promotion across social media, search engines and through the Xbox One dashboard.
Titanfall arrives on PC and Xbox One on March 14th, with an Xbox 360 version set for March 28th.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/can-t...the-uk/0128506