Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cursor movement creates big problems…

DCEmu Newbie

Default Cursor movement creates big problems…

My fat psp works fine with the previous version 050pre. After updating to 052, I have problems with the cursor movement. The cursor always moves even I don’t touch the analog stick. I think that is because my psp is almost 2 years old and I’ve played games a lot. Now I can’t switch to gps-on mode because when the program detects the cursor move, it switches back to gps-off mode. The old version doesn’t have this problem at all. I think this version of mapthis is too sensitive about the cursor move. How can I resolve this problem? Any suggestions? Yes I can move back to the old version but I really really love the cool features in this one 052. please help me!

DCEmu Newbie

Nobody have the same problem? I tried adjusting the value of the parameter CURSORSPEED but it didn't work. Help me please!

DCEmu Newbie

Take a look at the thread below. It maybe an answer to your prayers..

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42638

DCEmu Pro

This limit is hardcoded, you'll have to compile Map This! yourself. Search for "cpad.Lx" and "cpad.Ly".

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you both hatesony and Nieko. Much appreciated. I used the web browser to test the analog stick and it works ok - not serious damaged. I don't want to open my psp trying to fix it. Nieko I've searched through the source code and find that your comment: "make nub more sensitive / analog". And you change the value for cpad.Lx and cpad.Ly from 0x70 to 0x30. I am wondering if you can change them back and re-compile it. Maybe it is not just for me – I think everyone of us will face the same situation eventually as long as we keep playing games like monster hunters or something else that consume analog a lot. Setup the environment and recompile is too much to me. I really appreciate your help.

DCEmu Pro

I've noticed this "drift" too on my girlfriend's PSP, I'll take a look at it later (probably next week). CLAUDIOGPS also suggested quadratic/cubic increase of movement speed, perhaps that'll work better.

Btw, are you using my version or official 0.5.20? And if the first, does it work well in the latter?

DCEmu Pro

Turns out I had some time now after all . I've slightly changed scrolling, could you see if it works well now? See the link in my signature for download.

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, I think your version fixes several requests that I suggested to Deniska's 5.2.
    Ok, I had this autoscroll problems too, I will try your new update version.

So far so awesome.......

DCEmu Newbie

It looks working but I need to drive around to test. Thank you so much Nieko.

Since the condition of the analog sticks change from time to time, basically we play games everyday, is it a good idea to have this sensativity thing as a configable paramter, or we have another paramter to disable this "moving analog stick will turn gps mode off".

Great job! Thanks again.

DCEmu Newbie

Much better now, still exit gps mode sometimes. Strongly suggest using a parameter to enable/disable this function, or using a combination key to exit gps mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information