Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu Asks - Nintendo 64 a History & Whats the greatest Nintendo 64 Game Ever ?

thats too tough of a question.

super mario 64
    starfox 64
    golden eye
    zelda oot
    smash bros.

those were my top 5 but if i had to narrow it down it would be either mario 64 or golden eye.

Super Mario 64.

My favorite is probably Super Smash Bros. because it still has great multiplayer and replay value. Both Zelda games were also amazing, but not that fun if you have friends over.

DCEmu Newbie

Gauntlet Legends
    Goldeneye 007
    Jet Force Gemini
    Mario Kart 64
    Mario Party 3
    Perfect Dark
    Pokemon Stadium 2
    Star Wars Episode I - Racer
    Starcraft 64
    Super Mario 64
    Super Smash Bros.
    The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
    The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Mario 64, Starfox, Killer Instinct 2... the list goes on!

But hands down #1 is Zelda Ocarina of Time!!!!

Well,For me if i was playing single player games ide go for mario 64 /Super smash bro's/Zelda. But my all time fave would be Mario party jeesus that game could keep me and my friends Occupied for days

I always felt the one flaw of the controller was that the analog wore out from too much use. They could have fixed this by making the stick removable and replaceable. Just sell the sticks for a few $ and just screw it in! Man I miss those controllers...I wish there was a way to use them on the xbox.

The N64s holy trinity has to be Mario 64, Zelda OOT and Goldeneye.
    Mario Tennis, Pokemon Snap and Mario Kart also deserve honourable mentions.

I really liked the controller and found it comfortable, but 1/3rd of it was never really used. Bangai-o is the only game I can think of that made you use the dpad and anologue stick parts of the controller, instead of the more usual analogue stick and buttons parts.

DCEmu Newbie

goldeneye is the absolute best because its yet to be replicated anywhere near as good (except perfect dark but that was n64 too and it wasn't the same and not nearly as legendary as goldeneye) Mario 64 has been done in a new equal/better form with galaxy, Mario Kart DS is the best mario kart, smash bros melee/brawl replace them. though No mercy is also legendary. and ocarina of time though it can never be replaced was replicated pretty well in the form of twilight princess. I miss the 64 days soo many amazing games.

DCEmu Newbie

I haven't played Galaxy yet (I know, shame on me), but SM64DS alone pretty much leaves the original obsolete. If you can live without an analogue stick (you're through the worst of it after To The Top Of The Fortress), it is in every way superior.

I actually find the N64's analogue stick a lot more comfortable than either Sony's variants or the Wii Classic Controller. I simply don't like to bend my thumb that low for primary control, hence I use the control pad on PS systems whenever possible.
    Last edited by Hypershell; December 30th, 2007 at 23:31.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information