Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 2 - Whats Your Favourite Console Of All Time

DCEmu Regular

The megadrive because of all the add-ons you could get for it such as the mega CD , 32x , master system converter and off course those great games (sonic!)

paul

I would say the Dreamcast. My favorite game of all time, Jet Grind Radio, is only for the Dreamcast. It also has some of the greatest games in every genre. The homebrew scene is great. After Dreamcast, I would say Genesis because I grew up with it, plus it has great games. Xbox 360 is my favorite system to be released in the past 5 years.

the game cube is my favorit was the first console for tv i had

It's hard to choose my favorite, but my favorite console is probably my Dreamcast because of the weird games and some of the great accessories. A very close 2nd would be my SNES because of all the good memories playing it. My favorite portable is the DS because it has great games. My PSP is obviously up there too because of it's homebrew, but most of the games for it aren't too great.

DCEmu Rookie

the psp brought me into homebrew and because of homebrew on it mainly the emulators gpsp being my favourite by the way id say the psp, but the console i had the most fun on and had the best games would have to be snes.

DCEmu Newbie

The PS1 took me from idly playing NFS2 on a second-hand PC to spending most nights playing Syphon Filter multiplayer, then the PS2 went from TimeSplitters marathons to a career in game development. The PS2 is the better console though, and pretty much my years of school and college were filled by it. Most of the best games I've ever played are PS2 titles, and even now among the flashy next-gen graphics, it's good not to forget the depth of MGS3 and the attractiveness of GT4, both on what is now seen as pretty old hardware. It dominated its generation, and rightly so.

A runner-up is probably the DS for handiness, truly friendly and fun games, and the most useful homebrew around. There's also the original Xbox because it's one of the worst consoles I own, but the homebrew community has turned it into a machine customisable down to the kernel and controller ports, but also easily usable as a media centre or even desktop PC. The PS3 also gets a mention for an excellent menu system, rock-solid perceived build quality (with a DS3, the Sixaxis is shoddy), and taking the route of freedom with Linux and swappable HDDs while its rivals go for total lockdown.

DCEmu Newbie

SNES, and I love my PSP for being able to play my SNES games on the go. I would also want to thank all of the people who made the SNES emulator on the PSP possible.

DCEmu Regular

wow this is a hard question...modded xbox, ps1, dreamcast, snes, etc....

I would pick the psp cause with emulator I can run most of the game I owned in the past and play them on the go...

really hard question
    but I'll go with Ps2, cause I've enjoyed almost every good game it has. I can remember when I first played God of War it literaly blew me away.

Of course my PSP comes in a very close second, since it lets me carry all of my childhood in one portable console, and also has plenty of good games from its own

It's a tough choice between the SNES and Gamecube.
    I'd have to say SNES.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information