Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 5 - Whats the greatest Game Ever ?

DCEmu Newbie

Talking games..

final fantasy 7

zelda ocarina of time, that game hade everything. great level design, great story, great music, great characters, great in-game sounds. i mean, do you remember the first time you went out from the kokiri forest and in to the hylian field? that was the best feeling that iwe got from a game in my whole life.

Since I'm a fan and always have been I would say Sonic is the greatest game ever. Everyone knows that speedy blue hedgehog. ^^

RESIDENT EVIL 4!

That's all I gotta say...

Lol, I don't know why it's funny, but to me it is. I don't even have to think about my favorite game of all time. My choice is
    Starcraft

So many hours put into that game, probaly a few thousand. Soon enough I'll being doing that again, as soon as Starcraft 2 comes out.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic_Cr0w View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there... It was a good game but by far it was NOT the best game...

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry about the double post!
    *points to Game rankings last time I checked*

1.Super Mario Galaxy
    2. Loz:OoT

It's impossible to choose, but some of my favorites are:
    Final Fantasy VII
    Ocarina of Time
    Super Mario World
    Super Smash Bros.

Thumbs up

Here it goes. My favourite games of all time are:

+Super Mario Bros. 1 (NES) This is the game that got me into gaming. I can still remember I used to get butterflies in the stomach just at the thought of playing it. Getting my NES and playing it for the first time was a trascendental experience.

+Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) I think this game refined Mario and took it in directions that seemed limitless: stage variety, great power-ups, world maps, great bosses, superb music and awesome graphics at the time.

+The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES) This is the closest to heaven as it got for me as a teenager. One word: AWESOME

+Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) I think I'd have to say that, going in full circle to the beginning, this is the game that brought me back to gaming again. This game has done the unthinkable: The same excitement I got with Mario Bros. 1 on the NES as a child returned with Mario Galaxy.

The game I got the most fun out of has probably got to be..

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - I've probably rented that game for weekends about 12 times. Then, finally I bought it for 70$. I beat it perfectly. I haven't played it in ages, though.

As for the best... I can't decide...

Earthbound - BLAH! I Love Earthbound!

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Since so many think so... I didn't enjoy it that much, since my N64 age was messy..

Super Mario 64 - I've barely even played it. I loved the DS version, though, and I could imagine it feeling better on the N64. I'm always tempted to get it on VC.

Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past - It's so good. I loved the music so much, and it has such a nostalgic feel now. It's simply one of the best games, ever.

Super Mario RPG - Purely Awesome.

Paper Mario - Continued the Mario RPG goodness with a unique style.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Heheh, I couldn't resist. It's been remade so many times for a good reason. It's one of the two... No.. Three... No.. Four best 2D platformers ever, IMO.

Super Mario World - Another masterpiece. One of the four best 2D platformers ever.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - ANOTHER masterpiece. Nice style, but the grading system is what keeps me playing(also the fact that my file keeps accidentally getting deleted..). One of the four best 2D platformers ever.

Kirby's Super Star - This, I think, can easily pass for the greatest game ever! Multiplayer co-op is amazing, with a bunch of different attacks per ability. It has the search & collect replayability. The music is the best Kirby music in any game, IMO. It's surely one of the four best 2D platformers ever.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Probably not categorizable as the best game ever, but I had to include it. Depending on what kind of games you like, you can either enjoy figuring out some crazy stuff, you can get too frustrated, or you may find the constant reading boring (oh, also, a few not-so-smart people can feel smart by finding contradictions in the first case). Where it lacks action and such, it greatly makes up for it in story and although the music may seem low quality, you remember it and the events that go with the music making it enjoyable.

Super Mario Galaxy - I think Super Mario Galaxy was the "Super Mario Bros. 3" of the main 3D Mario games. It changed 3D platformers quite a bit, the music is GREAT live-orchestrated pieces, it's epic, and Mario is godly, now(He flies without capes or tails or wings!)... Besides the intro, anyway. Although many gamers would disagree, I find the difficulty almost perfect. The first half of the game is easy for experienced gamers, while can be difficult(but never impossible) later on.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Everyone can play it. Everyone can love it. Melee only improved on the original.

Oh.. OH! Super Smash Bros. Brawl!! Ofcourse I haven't played it, but I believe that's going to be the best game ever. Also, Mother 3 looks great, but I'm waiting for the fan translation to finish before I play.

I have a bunch of games listed(I wanted to add even more... Argh), but it's because I really can't decide.
    Last edited by Steely; January 5th, 2008 at 20:36.

DCEmu Newbie

Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario. too bad there also the two games that have troubles being emulated

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information