Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?

You guys claiming the Dreamcast was the best obviously never had a modded xbox. Like the Dreamcast, you can mod the xbox using only software (no messing with the hardware.) The BIG difference is the xbox's hard drive. Anyone who's ever loaded a CD full of roms on the dreamcast can tell you it takes forever just to load the game list into memory. It sucked. Plus you had to load everything off disks. Disks suck.
    With the XBOX, you can put xbox games, psx games, snes, nes, n64, genesis, master system, c64, scumm, watch movies (including divx and xvid), play online and do much more. All off the hard drive.
    And if you're REALLY good, you can install a larger drive, I have a 300gb in mine.

There's absolutely no comparison.

Xbox rules until the 360 or PS3 is hacked.

Dreamcast, since it's basically the only legal one right now. However, PS3 Linux has the potential to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by booradley1212 View Post
    You guys claiming the Dreamcast was the best obviously never had a modded xbox. Like the Dreamcast, you can mod the xbox using only software (no messing with the hardware.) The BIG difference is the xbox's hard drive. Anyone who's ever loaded a CD full of roms on the dreamcast can tell you it takes forever just to load the game list into memory. It sucked. Plus you had to load everything off disks. Disks suck.
    With the XBOX, you can put xbox games, psx games, snes, nes, n64, genesis, master system, c64, scumm, watch movies (including divx and xvid), play online and do much more. All off the hard drive.
    And if you're REALLY good, you can install a larger drive, I have a 300gb in mine.

There's absolutely no comparison.

Xbox rules until the 360 or PS3 is hacked.
    Most of the homebrew stuff for Xbox is illegal because they use the lofficial SDK.

Dreamcast forever.

The PC has the most legal homebrew stuff!!!

Most of the homebrew stuff for Xbox is illegal because they use the lofficial SDK.

Dreamcast forever.

Ok so wait...playing a NINTENDO rom on Dreamcast is supposed to be legal? Lol...give me a break. We're not discussing what the most legal homebrew console is...we're discussing which is BEST. The Dreamcast is like a CD player. The xbox is like an ipod. There's no comparison whatsoever.

Just look at the xbox controller. Only that console can pull off the controller emulation for all the systems it emulates. You Dreamcast guys really need to check out the xbox...the PSP is great but being able to play Mario Kart 64 with 4 players emulated perfectly on the xbox can't be beat. Not only are the old xbox systems cheap, but retail games and controllers can be bought for $5-10, tops. And don't forget you can play games like Halo 2 online. And play games like Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life 2, Crimson Skies, Stubbs the Zombie, Burnout Revenge, San Andreas etc etc etc.

I owned a Dreamcast. I used the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast ruled before xbox got hacked. Now it's a good doorstop.

Dreamcast!!

Honestly, the legal argument making the dreamcast superior is so-so.. The tools may be legal but stuff you run on it isn't like booradley said. Fun that I only hear theses legal issues when it comes to compare xbox with Dreamcast... I am pretty sure many of you who put dreamcast on the leading step actually haven't tried xbox. Being dependent of your cds to play homebrew or films is a flaw that can't be ignored. Also, since the xbox architecture comes from PC, you can easily change and repair parts like HDD and DVD unit at minimal cost.

Yo Balthasar tell me more about this 250gb modded PS2 you have. I'm going to guess and say its external? What can a modded ps2 do? Is it a softmod or do you have to chip it? I wasn't even aware you could do these things to a PS2...any links you could provide would be appreciated...

Yo Balthasar tell me more about this 250gb modded PS2 you have. I'm going to guess and say its external? What can a modded ps2 do? Is it a softmod or do you have to chip it? I wasn't even aware you could do these things to a PS2...any links you could provide would be appreciated...
    Sure, Its a internal IDE HDD. There are few homebrews on PS2 but the reason why installing a HDD is for HDloader. I'll pm further infos.

Dreamcast forever.

Ok so wait...playing a NINTENDO rom on Dreamcast is supposed to be legal? Lol...give me a break. We're not discussing what the most legal homebrew console is...we're discussing which is BEST. The Dreamcast is like a CD player. The xbox is like an ipod. There's no comparison whatsoever.

Just look at the xbox controller. Only that console can pull off the controller emulation for all the systems it emulates. You Dreamcast guys really need to check out the xbox...the PSP is great but being able to play Mario Kart 64 with 4 players emulated perfectly on the xbox can't be beat. Not only are the old xbox systems cheap, but retail games and controllers can be bought for $5-10, tops. And don't forget you can play games like Halo 2 online. And play games like Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life 2, Crimson Skies, Stubbs the Zombie, Burnout Revenge, San Andreas etc etc etc.

I owned a Dreamcast. I used the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast ruled before xbox got hacked. Now it's a good doorstop.
    I support legal homebrew, that's my reason. A system which runs homebrew illegally will never be the best in my opinion

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information