Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?

What are you looking to play, anders?

hehe the xbox would pwn the dc easily..

EDIT: i usually play timesplitters future perfect..

but no one is ever playing it on xlink so i bought a wii cus it's free online play and there's different feeling with the wiimote..

i think the wii have more fun games than the 360, and i wanted to play super mario galaxy , thats why i bought the wii.

i'm waiting for a good d2c modchip that can be updated and one that is a lot less solderpoints (29 solderpoints is pretty much, i think) or hopefully a softmod will come out sometime.
    Last edited by ____anders____; January 7th, 2008 at 21:01.

Quote Originally Posted by booradley1212 View Post
    and settle thing DC vs Xbox thing once and for all! :thumbup: Who's in???
    Yes, but I hope you can understand what bah said. He's totally right.

Name something that the Dreamcast has that the Xbox doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcruciationX View Post
    Name something that the Dreamcast has that the Xbox doesn't.
    legal homebrew development

Saturn emulation

homebrew servers

homebrew commercial games

homebrew stuff without modchip

Illegality is irrelevant to how good the homebrew actually is. I actually find homebrew on the Xbox easier then Dreamcast homebrew (except when the Dreamcast download section is up).

Is the Sega Saturn emulation fullspeed?

Xbox has tunneling software, and you can use the Killtrocity map pack.

You can softmod an xbox in ten minutes, tops. You don't need a mod chip (although for the best functionality, you do).

I'm with yah on the commercial games. Almost every game made for the Dreamcast was good, while the Xbox had only a few good games.

tunneling software.. you can do it also for PS2 and GC. But since it's for LAN games, they don't work exactly as real online games.

If something is illegal or legal, it's very important. Try making a topic asking for help about PCSXBOX and the topic will be closed soon.
    Don't support illegal stuff if you don't want to see your site being taken down.

Sega Saturn emulation on Dreamcast is not even with playable speed at the moment (less than 10 FPS). But at least BlueCrab is still working on it, and we shouldn't forget it's not an easy job.

And about homebrew commercial games, I was talking about the games developed and published by independent companies (for Dreamcast: redspotgames, Goat Store Publishing, etc).
    It can be possible on the Dreamcast because it's legal, and you can't do it on the Xbox.

JKKDARK I'm not going to let you guys drag this convo down. The q was what's the best emulation console- it's XBOX hands down. All I was trying to say is ppl who still use DC should try it. Illegal, legal...whatever. We're all still using them to do "illegal" things...the point is irrelevant (to me.) I wouldn't play an emulation system without onboard memory ever again...I hated waiting and playing games from disks!

ANDERS I don't have timesplitters...if we both have a game I'd love to play...anyone interested in trying the coop in Doom 3?

And EX is right- you can mod an xbox without even opening the case, silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    tunneling software.. you can do it also for PS2 and GC. But since it's for LAN games, they don't work exactly as real online games.

If something is illegal or legal, it's very important. Try making a topic asking for help about PCSXBOX and the topic will be closed soon.
    Don't support illegal stuff if you don't want to see your site being taken down.

Sega Saturn emulation on Dreamcast is not even with playable speed at the moment (less than 10 FPS). But at least BlueCrab is still working on it, and we shouldn't forget it's not an easy job.

And about homebrew commercial games, I was talking about the games developed and published by independent companies (for Dreamcast: redspotgames, Goat Store Publishing, etc).
    It can be possible on the Dreamcast because it's legal, and you can't do it on the Xbox.
    Dont get me wrong, I love DC. But, abiding by the law and a Saturn Emulator that runs at 10 FPS automatically makes Dreamcast homebrew better?

WAIT!!! What if you get the wrong Saturn BIOS? That's like stealing a Sega Saturn!!

But you're right that DC has a great variety of homebrew. Dreamcast homebrew ranks among the top 3.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information