Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 6 - Whats the Greatest Homebrew Console?

Yeah, I have a soft spot for my Dreamcast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by booradley1212 View Post
    JKKDARK I'm not going to let you guys drag this convo down. The q was what's the best emulation console- it's XBOX hands down. All I was trying to say is ppl who still use DC should try it. Illegal, legal...whatever. We're all still using them to do "illegal" things...the point is irrelevant (to me.) I wouldn't play an emulation system without onboard memory ever again...I hated waiting and playing games from disks!
    I take it as a offense, and I know many people can say the same.
    Running an emulator with the bios dumped from your own system and using the original discs or images dumped from your own cartridges/discs is NOT illegal. And that's what I do, since I always support legal emulation.
    Since you are a member here on the DCEmu community, you should know we don't allow illegal stuff. That's why you can't discuss about any issue with your Xbox homebrew stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I love DC. But, abiding by the law and a Saturn Emulator that runs at 10 FPS automatically makes Dreamcast homebrew better?

WAIT!!! What if you get the wrong Saturn BIOS? That's like stealing a Sega Saturn!!

But you're right that DC has a great variety of homebrew. Dreamcast homebrew ranks among the top 3.
    Please read my first reply to ExcruciationX on this thread, you should notice I didn't say only Saturn emulation..
    Last edited by JKKDARK; January 7th, 2008 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    I take it as a offense, and I know many people can say the same.
    Running an emulator with the bios dumped from your own system and using the original discs or images dumped from your own cartridges/discs is NOT illegal. And that's what I do, since I always support legal emulation.
    Since you are a member here on the DCEmu community, you should know we don't allow illegal stuff. That's why you can't discuss about any issue with your Xbox homebrew stuff.

Please read my first reply to ExcruciationX on this thread, you should notice I didn't say only Saturn emulation..
    Please, maybe you do rip your own games and BIOSes, but honestly, ripping tools are scarce and expensive. You'd be better off playing the original copy of the game you own or just downloading a game that the company isnt making ANY money from anymore.

Dreamcast has a great selection of emulators (NesterDC SE, GenesisPlus, SNES Station, Bleemcast, etc.). But Xbox has Nintendo 64, Fullspeed SNES emulation, Sega CD, Sega 32X, CPS2, CPS3, More Arcade support, and so forth, and so on.

Please, maybe you do rip your own games and BIOSes, but honestly, ripping tools are scarce and expensive. You'd be better off playing the original copy of the game you own or just downloading a game that the company isnt making ANY money from anymore.

Dreamcast has a great selection of emulators (NesterDC SE, GenesisPlus, SNES Station, Bleemcast, etc.). But Xbox has Nintendo 64, Fullspeed SNES emulation, Sega CD, Sega 32X, CPS2, CPS3, More Arcade support, and so forth, and so on.
    Yes, I understand and I'm sure there are people who use emulators illegally. I just didn't like booradley1212's comment saying "We're all still using them to do "illegal" things", because that's not true.

As DCEmu is a legal emulation site, I think we shouldn't discuss illegal stuff, and then we will make a bigger community.
    Of course, Xbox is better than Dreamcast illegally, but we should agree that Dreamcast is the best homebrew console legally.
    Last edited by JKKDARK; January 7th, 2008 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Yes, I understand and I'm sure there are people who use emulators illegally. I just didn't like booradley1212's comment saying "We're all still using them to do "illegal" things", because that's true.

As DCEmu is a legal emulation site, I think we shouldn't discuss illegal stuff, and then we will make a bigger community.
    Of course, Xbox is better than Dreamcast illegally, but we should agree that Dreamcast is the best homebrew console legally.
    Well, technically, yes, but that doesnt make it better .

Well, technically, yes, but that doesnt make it better .
    Yup, that's what I've been saying for a while now.

Also, JKKDARK, if you're using an emulator with ROM's you downloaded, then it's illegal. Legal ROM's are boring and defeat the purpose of downloading homebrew in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcruciationX View Post
    Legal ROM's are boring and defeat the purpose of downloading homebrew in the first place.
    The real and original point of using emulators is running your other systems on one system.

Meh. He's just being political...you have a site to protect, we get you.

The PSP, hands down. It is portable and has more homebrew capability than the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast is a good choice for a home console though because it can emulate out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman^2 View Post
    The PSP, hands down. It is portable and has more homebrew capability than the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast is a good choice for a home console though because it can emulate out of the box.
    This is for the Greatest Homebrew Console.
    There is another one for handhelds.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information