Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DaedalusDC released - N64 Emulator for the Dreamcast (2 Versions)

DCEmu Newbie

If N64 emulation is possible on DC by ported Daedalus, which was dedicated for psp firstly, why don't interest in porting it for ps2? Personaly I don't want the DC to "die" again , but It would be better for ps2 due to ps2 power and more amount of buttons, it's like I cannot imagine Banjo-Kazooie played without enough buttons .

I will doupt you will ever be faced with task of playing banjo-kazooie on the DC via n64 emu. As of right now, you cant load any roms bigger than 8mb, due to ram limitations. As for trying to get a ps2 port in the move, you might be asking in the wrong place, all these guys are DC enthusiasts. If you really want a fullspeed n64 emulator on a console you should consider investing in an xbox, they' ve got it nailed pretty accuratly.
    Last edited by Dull Blade; January 8th, 2008 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Duobix View Post
    If N64 emulation is possible on DC by ported Daedalus, which was dedicated for psp firstly, why don't interest in porting it for ps2? Personaly I don't want the DC to "die" again , but It would be better for ps2 due to ps2 power and more amount of buttons, it's like I cannot imagine Banjo-Kazooie played without enough buttons .
    Sadly the PlayStation 2 is not popular with homebrew stuff, and very few coders.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Sadly the PlayStation 2 is not popular with homebrew stuff, and very few coders.
    It's all true. Maybe one day, there will be a console that has the best games and the best homebrew.
    But PS2 could probably handle Mario 64 and Mario Kart.

Actually Dadelus or how ever you spell it was a PC emulator first. And in some aspects compared to the PS2, the DC is more powerfull and vice versa.

DCEmu Regular

but It would be better for ps2 due to ps2 power and more amount of buttons, it's like I cannot imagine Banjo-Kazooie played without enough buttons .

So if thats true coders should start porting games for the ATARI JAGUAR.Jaguar's controler is full of buttons.Like a TV remote.
    Dont tell me that the coders cant PORT games because of the controls butons.

There is something more to consider and this is the system power.

DCEmu Newbie

I think you're all placing your hopes too high..
    The developer who ported it to the dreamcast said it will never reach playable speeds.
    And there is nobody who claimed to continue working at it since its one hell of a task to get it anywhere near reasonable speed.

Simpson474 has released the source code, the most important thing actually.

With dedication and some time , may be in a close future some advances, it's just a question of time.

Regards
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Quote Originally Posted by Masta-G View Post
    I think you're all placing your hopes too high..
    The developer who ported it to the dreamcast said it will never reach playable speeds.
    And there is nobody who claimed to continue working at it since its one hell of a task to get it anywhere near reasonable speed.
    well the source has only been released a few days, so I wouldnt say that yet... if you would of went back 6 or 7 odd years and told people you will beable to play neo geo CD and ASE at full speed on the DC they probably would of laughed at you, but it happened. same with GBA on the psp. The point is, you dont know that it will never reach a playable speed. There could be some major updates and optimizations. from what I can tell, the developer hasnt really spent tones of time on this like how chui / all the other coders did with there releases.
    Last edited by Dull Blade; January 8th, 2008 at 20:29.

DCEmu Newbie

in older times there was a lot of good coders that can make magic with the hands, that was the time of neoragex, psemupro, neoragex, callus, etc. Never say never in emulation, a good coder can shut your mouth and make you c*** your pants (like bleemcast did). Remember, until daedalus was released, the idea was that "dreamcast havenīt the power to make a n64 game run", today 1 game run, without glitches, and with no recompiler, and only graphic optimizations. I remember (in pentium times) that if a PC could run a NEOGEO emu at fullspeed, it could run a N64 emu at decent speed...well of course we are talking about different architectures...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information