Thread: Uncommon Questions

Default Uncommon Questions

Hi, I just signed in here. I bought a DC a couple of days ago, and I also have a GC, which I hacked ofcourse But unlike my GC, my DC doesnt have a BBA. So, if I wan't i can trade my GC BBA for a DC BBA, but the only thing is, is it worth it? I have a broadband connection, so else i would have to connect my DC's modem to my pc, which isnt that comfortable..
    I also noted that my (Sega) controller's analoge stick is able to rotatea bit to the left and right, like its a bit loose. I opened it up to see if it could be fixed but everything seems to be in original state (DC=used).
    Next thing is that my DC makes noise when reading a disc. With small amounts of data you won't really notice, but when I pop in a game it's pretty annoying. I got some scratched discs of the fella I bought it of, sometimes it wont recognize those (geez).
    Thanks in advance , Parappa

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Default Re: Uncommon Questions

So, if I wan't i can trade my GC BBA for a DC BBA
    do you mean use the GC BBA on the DC, because that does not work. if you mean trade with some one else (which i think u do) DC BBAs are rare and very dear here is one on ebay now
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD2V
    it probably go for $150

I also noted that my (Sega) controller's analoge stick is able to rotatea bit to the left and right, like its a bit loose.
    don't worry thats normal, it the way they all are.

Next thing is that my DC makes noise when reading a disc. With small amounts of data you won't really notice, but when I pop in a game it's pretty annoying. I got some scratched discs of the fella I bought it of, sometimes it wont recognize those (geez).
    i find the dc is quite noisey so it hard for me tell tell you thats normal or not. are the games copys, because bad copys can over work the DC lazer....btw no talking about copys on theses forums...(just an early warning)

Default .Re: Uncommon Questions

Thanks for the reply, it hasnt got anything to do with the cd's (except the GDs which where scratched), but it could be natural, but it might need something to make the motor run better, oil or sillicons or somin. :P

BTW: isnt there a program to make use of the modem through a pc easier?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

there is this
    http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/
    but i don't know anyone who got it to work

DCEmu Pro

Can you null modem a DC?

yeah, i've read bout that. It should work, but you still have to build the line simulator. I might just build that.

Does anyone know of a VoIP program? That would be cool, but probably you need to make your own mic since the others are out of stock. I don't think that would be too complicated, although taking the Dreamcast online by yourself is pretty hard. Isn't there such a function in the browser?

DCEmu Newbie

Hey i have just logged in also and was wondering if anybody could give me the lowdown on the picodrive for the nokia n-gage qd

DCEmu Regular

wrong place man try the ngage forums here

DCEmu Newbie

thanks

Thread Information