Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons director Josef Faras is working on a new project, but it isn't with developer Starbreeze. Speaking to Digital Spy during a roundtable interview, Faras said, "I can tell you this: If I tell you the idea now, you'd say, 'I haven't played something like this before.' I can't tell you more. But definitely something that hasn't been done before."

Faras was speaking at last night's BAFTA awards in London, where Brotherswon the gong for Best Innovation. We also caught up with the Lebanon-born director and asked when he came up with mapping control of one brother to the left analogue stick, and the other brother to the right one - an idea that probably contributed to Brothers winning its award.

"It was the first day," Faras told Joystiq. "I had to fight so hard to make this game happen. So the first time I got the chance to make a demo, actually I was sat at my motel room and I came up with the concept and the actual story. I mean everything, how it starts, how it ends, how you control, that was all from day 1. Of course it changed during development, but trying to convince all the studios that this was gonna be awesome...

"I'm quite known in Sweden for making movies, so people were like, 'You're a movie maker, you don't know anything about games.' But eventually I convinced them. I've worked on this game two years, it's been a real passion project for me."

We're glad he convinced them, too: The PS3, Xbox 360, and PC game scoredthird place in our Best of 2013 awards, with Mike Suzsek calling its emotional adventure "a true rarity, as it places the gravity of its compact story right in your hands."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/13/br...ect-those-con/